Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of Yext?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    How on earth are they going to do that? THey dont know what the customer said during the phone call, and theyre surely not analzying what each person said each time...
    Jimmy - yes they do....and yes they do. That is why they tout their system is superior.

Their software system has speech recognition technology and it uses some sort of algorithm. It coverts what was said into a text document (visible to me on the site) and will then determine if we should be charged or not.

I get TEXT of the call and RECORDING of the call.

...artificial intelligence is really advancing...it's pretty cool, actually. Just need better leads.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; October 24th, 2009 at 01:46 PM.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    We pay drastically less for LDC leads per month than we would if we were in the Yellow Book/Pages. With online leads it really depends on the keywords. Since we are ranking quite well with the specific keywords in our area, we needed something that is more broad (ie: "limo rental").
    You may pay less with LDC, but what is your conversion rate? Still a waste of money in most cases. Spend $100 in leads only to book a $80 job. Not worth it. lyconh

I'll give you credit for signing your name to this negative rep. But you are wrong. You are pretty close on the $100/month on leads, but we book $500 - $1000 / month through LDC leads. The $100/month fits into our advertising budget just fine. Next time you could post that as a question instead of just going straight to the negative rep.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

It's a drive by repping!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    Jimmy - yes they do....and yes they do. That is why they tout their system is superior.

Their software system has speech recognition technology and it uses some sort of algorithm. It coverts what was said into a text document (visible to me on the site) and will then determine if we should be charged or not.

I get TEXT of the call and RECORDING of the call.

...artificial intelligence is really advancing...it's pretty cool, actually. Just need better leads.

Jim
    That is AMAZING!!!
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Default First I saw of it - sorry Rich!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    You may pay less with LDC, but what is your conversion rate? Still a waste of money in most cases. Spend $100 in leads only to book a $80 job. Not worth it. lyconh

I'll give you credit for signing your name to this negative rep.
    Please don't! I don't know how my name got connected to that - honest!
    <snip> Next time you could post that as a question instead of just going straight to the negative rep.
    If that had been mine, I would! Truth to tell, I haven't given anybody rep yet - but managed to get some negative rep myself.

Default It's worse, Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    It's a drive by repping!
    A drive by SPOOFED repping!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    THEM: "Well do you have their number, I called 411 and they connected me to you guys"
    If they called 411 and it directed you to the number that Yast gave you, sounds like you get "old clients" phone numbers.

Now that could be good and bad though, next time tell the person "We just added another phone line, and I think we got a number they used to have". Might make the caller think the other company isn't in business anymore and deal with you instead....

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by lyconh View Post
    If that had been mine, I would! Truth to tell, I haven't given anybody rep yet - but managed to get some negative rep myself.
    As a reminder, I have a policy that anyone receiving an anonymous negative rep will receive a positive one from me & from others partaking in eliminating negatives from the shadows.

lyconh, post if the negative was signed off by a member or if it was anonymous.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Default Thank you, gunny.

There was nothing in the text of either negative rep I received to indicate the identity of the repper. (One disagrees with me about BMW, which is his privilege. The other caught me resuscitating old threads; my response was to something relatively new in the thread.)

Sorry this is such a crap way to introduce myself. Will do better in the getting-to-know-you forum soon. Thanks again for all your help, gunny.

Quote Originally Posted by lyconh View Post
    There was nothing in the text of either negative rep I received to indicate the identity of the repper. (One disagrees with me about BMW, which is his privilege. The other caught me resuscitating old threads; my response was to something relatively new in the thread.)

Sorry this is such a crap way to introduce myself. Will do better in the getting-to-know-you forum soon. Thanks again for all your help, gunny.
    JScott gave you a negative on the older thread (check his post). I'm giving you a + for the other "drive-by"
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

This technology Yest uses is similar to Yodle. It records every phone call that is put through their system. With Yodle you can go back and rate the leads which helps them taylor the leads according to your rating. The only problem was it was very expensive and we were getting duplicate leads through the phone book, google, yahoo and other search engines. Our monthly bills were over 1k per month with them. When I tried to cancel they kept billing my card. I would watch out for their billing practices since most of these companies put you on auto-pay.

they should make the rep system so it automatically leaves your username, if someone cant have the ball to put behind a negative rep they shouldn't be allowed to leave it.

Default With malice towards none, with charity to all, let us strive together ...

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    they should make the rep system so it automatically leaves your username, if someone cant have the ball to put behind a negative rep they shouldn't be allowed to leave it.
    I quite agree. And the damage has been duly atoned for. Therefore, let us bind up the wounds and get
    The Land Yacht Company of New Hampshire, LLC
    -Phil Smith; Chief Factotum, Raconteur, and Gadabout

Blog Entries

So Yext called me today with the pretext that they had a customer looking for a limo in my area. So I let her do her whole sales pitch and love when they say, "Can you use or handle the extra work we can send you?"

Anyways, I told her I read about it on the forum and will see what others have to say first-hand before I jump into a $4 lead!

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    As a reminder, I have a policy that anyone receiving an anonymous negative rep will receive a positive one from me & from others partaking in eliminating negatives from the shadows.

lyconh, post if the negative was signed off by a member or if it was anonymous.
    Does that count for mine?
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com