Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of Yext?

Blog Entries

Brandon, even at $3 per call is pretty high. If someone is offering QUALITY leads, they should be able to substantiate a percentage of any bookings, not per call. I texted Yext out when it was at $4 per call and after only 2 months ended the service.

I have numerous affiliates that farm work into me, use their websites and they field the calls but take 20% right off the top before they even farm the work into me. This is much better and is a win-win for both parties.

That's a good point, but I don't have the resources or time to answer phone calls in other cities. All of my clients would be paying me way more money if they were paying me 20% per booking. I make money paying limos.com $1 per lead and that's split up between 8 companies. The leads I sell go to only 1 company and are much higher quality. If someone can't make enough $ off of them for it to be worth it they are doing something wrong.

Default Yext

Yeah, I just spoke with Ben from Yext also. He sounded like an intelligent guy and was patient with me as I told him all of things I didn't like about Yext, #1 being the $12/lead. He told me they dropped that down to $4 or $5(I forget). He told me they were working hard to improve things and wanted me to try it out. I told him I would be open minded and check things out on the forum. Well, here I am, and I'm not impressed. If any of you have anything positive to report, my ears are open.

But realistically, I hate the idea of paying for leads. I find that most people are price checking, or just asking questions when booking. I pride myself in being a good closer, but to pay for every phone call just isn't my thing.

I'm at the point where I want start informing the customers that if they are calling a bunch of limo companies and looking for the best price, that I'm not the company for them. But if they are savvy and calling 2 or 3 quality companies and deciding who they like, then I would love to earn their business. I want to work on being more exclusive, rather than just have my phone ring more and cost me more.

But if anyone feels that Yext is working for them, please let me know.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Blog Entries

Geoff I am with you. I tend to think my rates are "reasonably" priced for my target market. I was going back and forth with a client that had used us before who stated she received a price on a transfer $80 lower than mine. On this trip they would have saved $160 going with the lower rate (it was 2 same day transfers for a business meeting, one in AM and one in PM). I explained to her price is not everything, hit on safety and reliability- that if she was going on price alone we are not the one for her. This was a portion of he response:

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate everything you say and it was because of the significant difference that I felt I should follow this up.

Getting our employees to their destination safely is our utmost priority and I definitely want a company that is guaranteed to turn up - and to get them there safely and in comfort. Price is definitely not the driver here.

As I said before, we have used you before on one occasion and were pleased with the service you offered, so on this basis, I would like to confirm my reservation with you. Could you please let me know exactly what information you need and I will be happy to supply these details to you.

....so as we can all see price is not always everything.

I am of the feeling that all of these lead sites are just driving prices lowe and lower. I used to book alot of runs thru LDC but since it's change in management, all I was doing was spending money and not booking quality runs that would make it worth it for me to continue. With Yext, it was even worse. They have pretty cool technology but it's just not worth the lead prices they charge. I can deploy more websites and would rather put more effort into in house web development than paying for high priced leads that bring nothing.
    Last edited by Jim30; December 4th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.

I agree Jim. When I first started I had the lowest prices around thinking I could steal peoples business that way. After raising my price to be somewhere in the middle I've realized that the people with the lowest prices get the worst customers. Marketing and professionalism gets you customers, having the lowest prices just ensures you don't make a good profit.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    Geoff I am with you. I tend to think my rates are "reasonably" priced for my target market. I was going back and forth with a client that had used us before who stated she received a price on a transfer $80 lower than mine. On this trip they would have saved $160 going with the lower rate (it was 2 same day transfers for a business meeting, one in AM and one in PM). I explained to her price is not everything, hit on safety and reliability- that if she was going on price alone we are not the one for her. This was a portion of he response:

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate everything you say and it was because of the significant difference that I felt I should follow this up.

Getting our employees to their destination safely is our utmost priority and I definitely want a company that is guaranteed to turn up - and to get them there safely and in comfort. Price is definitely not the driver here.

As I said before, we have used you before on one occasion and were pleased with the service you offered, so on this basis, I would like to confirm my reservation with you. Could you please let me know exactly what information you need and I will be happy to supply these details to you.

....so as we can all see price is not always everything.

I am of the feeling that all of these lead sites are just driving prices lowe and lower. I used to book alot of runs thru LDC but since it's change in management, all I was doing was spending money and not booking quality runs that would make it worth it for me to continue. With Yext, it was even worse. They have pretty cool technology but it's just not worth the lead prices they charge. I can deploy more websites and would rather put more effort into in house web development than paying for high priced leads that bring nothing.
    Rep for that - well put.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by dkcfp1290 View Post
    We tried Yext and found that the cost was not economical for our Sacramento limousine service company
    Are you trying to get links to your site?? Every post you have made so far has this. We get it your from Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalFleet View Post
    Are you trying to get links to your site?? Every post you have made so far has this. We get it your from Sacramento
    Just another short time bullshit hotlink spammer who will not be around to long before pissing off a mod..
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Sacramento - Woodland - Napa - San Francisco

We used Yext for about six months but found the quality of the leads lacking. We still use Limos.com which has been very successful for us but you MUST actively mange the account otherwise the success will fall.

For a good "set it up and leave it alone" lead source try www.prospectgenius.com.

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by apilimo View Post
    We used Yext for about six months but found the quality of the leads lacking. We still use Limos.com which has been very successful for us but you MUST actively mange the account otherwise the success will fall.

For a good "set it up and leave it alone" lead source try www.prospectgenius.com.

FYI
    How much do they charge? It really worked for you?

API, just a heads up, I clicked on your "BBB Accredited Business" link on your site, and was taken to BBB site with the message: This Business is not BBB Accredited

You may want to check to see why, and remove it if you don't continue to be accredited (I know where I used to live, the local BBB took it seriously, as they consider it a protected seal and only used by permission. Surprised me the action they took to get a site removed that listed it wrong after the party didn't remove it from their site)

Sacramento - Woodland - Napa - San Francisco

Thanks for the update. We dropped BBB because the rating system was not reflective of the quality of limo service providers in Sacramento. Another competitor with 12 complaints in the last 36 months receives the same rating as us with zero complaints in five years. I will make sure the logo comes off the web site.

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    The new limo digest has a advertisement for cheaplimorates.com. What is this industry coming to.
    do not use cheaplimorates.com I was signed up with them for 3 years, gave them $50 for advance leads, I never got a phone call from a potential customer and all email leads were bogus or bad, I asked for my money back they never answered my email or messages

Give me the old yellow pages days back. A $1000 a month and you were king. All you had to do avoid the BS Donnely Directory.
    Last edited by RoyalFleet; July 22nd, 2011 at 11:27 PM.

Another dead thread is back!

I got a call today from Car Service Express. I listened to her until she said $6 per lead, that is where she may have lost me. After reading some of their website I found this "Regardless of city or state, Yext Car Service has the most car service locations of any internet directory."

Has anyone had any luck with them?
    Andy
    937-620-9120
    937-524-5899 (office)
    Dunlap Limousine, LLC
    http://www.dunlaplimo.com