Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of Yext?

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse_Limo View Post
    Jim,Thank you for keeping us informad... they contacted me today, and I informaded them that since we are the only limousine service in about a 75 mile radious, that I realy didn't see the need for us to use them, but told them if things changed , we would contact them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse_Limo View Post
    Guess Im just in to small a market for yext
    In one statement you said that they have called you and now you are saying that they haven't called you. What changed?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

This is funny,

I tried yext out, it was OKAY and I figured Id keep it around, we had marginal success with it. I guess we'll be canning them sometime soon. Limousine Service calls will no longer be $4 a pop, they will be $12 a pop. Guess that PPC campaign went over budget.

\\Important Update to Your Account

I'd like to take a moment to update you on some important changes we're making to Yext Car Service in response to feedback from our customers over the last few months. After speaking to a large number of car service providers we've heard a number of things loud and clear:

• Providers want more control of where your ads are showing up. For example, a provider of just airport transportation doesn?t want to be shown to a consumer looking for a party bus.
    • Many car service providers want more of the highest profit margin calls such as those for limousine service and other high dollar amount jobs.
    • Calls that are not legitimate consumer inquiries are still getting billed too often: Wrong Numbers, Telemarketers, and so on.

In response, we've worked hard to solve these issues as well launch some additional features I'd like to tell you about today. The first and most important change is we are moving Yext Car Service to be billed on a revolutionary Pay-Per-Action model. Using the call transcription technology that powers our Call Inbox, we are now able to understand what kind of calls you are receiving and optimize your account to make sure that your receive more of the high value you calls you want.

To take advantage of this technology for our customers we have decided to update our pricing. This change will align our value with your success and allows us to purchase additional high value limousine advertising, ultimately driving you more high value calls. Effective December 14, we are lowering the price for general car service calls to $3 and raising the price for limousine service and party bus service calls to $12. Because we are charging more for the highest value calls and less for lower value calls, our simulations show that you will receive more high value calls and fewer low value calls from this pricing change with no change to your monthly bill.

Additionally, the following updates are launching immediately for your Yext Calls account:
    • Fewer low quality calls such as wrong numbers and telemarketers through automatic crediting. Using our call transcription and analysis technology we are now over 400% more efficient at automatically spotting junk calls, dramatically reducing the chance that you will be billed for a call that isn't from an interested consumer. Rather than wait, we've already applied this new filter to your entire December bill.
    • Simplified crediting process in your Call Inbox. Each call has a link to request a manual review and we no longer require any authorization forms to perform crediting for your business. Additionally, we are now accepting credit requests for calls from existing customers and calls where the consumer requests services you do not offer.
    • Direct, precision control of where your business listing appears. Using the new 'Ad Options' tab of your Yext Calls Inbox. This will allow you to only show up for the consumer searches you want. For example, you could choose to show up for searches for "party bus" but not "prom transportation" if that is a service you do not offer.
    • New relationships with some of the largest local search sites on the internet, such as YellowPages.com, Local.com, Yahoo! Local, and many others. Over the coming weeks, your business will now show up as a featured listing on these sites automatically as well as on Yext.com with our call tracking technology. These free listings represent a huge value that you receive for free when you connect to Yext Calls.
    • Faster support times. To spread out support load throughout the month we are moving your billing period to the monthly anniversary of your signup date with Yext. We're also increasing the size of our support team by nearly double to speed response times.

I'd also like to take a moment to clarify our product's billing rules, as we've received feedback that our offering has been confusing to understand from a billing perspective. Our product definition, put simply, is:
    Our customers only pay for calls where a potential new customer calls them looking for a service they offer.

I have instructed our support team to work with you where you feel you were billed for a call that did not meet this definition. And I'd appreciate your continued feedback to make sure that we are on the lookout for the kinds of calls that aren't valuable to you so we can look to improve the product in the future.

At Yext, our mission is to simplify the online advertising experience. These changes, the results of feedback collected over months from our customers, should make our product simpler to use and provide outstanding return on investment. If you have any comments or questions, I'd love to hear your feedback directly on how to build the best local advertising product we possibly can.

Brent Metz
    President, Yext Calls
    brent@yext.com

hahahahahahaha $12 a call rofl
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Blog Entries

Wow... talk about getting the hook in your mouth and setting it deep. I guess YEXT employees will be looking forward to standing in the unemployment line.

Around here YEXT shows on page 3 in Google, not worth 12 bucks... not even the 4 bucks they originally wanted.

Blog Entries

$12/call?? Absurd!

I know yext reads these posts as immediately after posting some comments/concerns regarding yext, Steve Shahriar from yext emailed me. So hear this Steve and Bobby, at $12 a call, you guys will be pricing yourselves right out of the limo community. I don't know one sane operator who would pay $12 for a phone call, unless he is guaranteed to make some money off it. You advertise our ads on yellowpages.com and superpages.com and other so-called partners. All sites we can advertise ourselves on and charge a price. Understandable to a point, but now charging 3 times more than what we originally were told for the same types of calls? Not going to happen. I have already sent an email canceling my subscription.

FYI, to date:

Since Nov 15th, we have had 7 phone calls, none booked, all price shopping.

Blog Entries

Sent from Steve just now. I can't imagine anyone justifying the cost.

The post is correct, and the e-mail was sent to the one you provided for your contact info, info@heavenonwheels.com. If you do wish to cancel, feel free by sending an e-mail to support@yext.com. Keep in mind that the reason we raised the price is because we have also raised the quality of our calls and implemented a much simpler receipt and refund system:

* Simplified crediting process in your Call Inbox. Each call has a link to request a manual review and we no longer require any authorization forms to perform crediting for your business. Additionally, we are now accepting credit requests for calls from existing customers and calls where the consumer requests services you do not offer.

Please consider giving us a shot under this new system, and remember that you can also set a monthly cap on your account if you donít want to be billed over a certain amount.

Thanks,
    Steve

LOL yext is crazy thats why I canceled got 2 price shoppers and 7 wrong numbers...it they can guarantee we get a booking on each call I would be willing to pay $20!

If not find some other CRAZY company willing to pay $12 for a so called lead!

You can forget about them ever answering your emails to that support address. I emailed them a month ago and still have not heard back from them.

Bait and switch,

yext might make it another 3 months.

What an effin joke.

Oh yeah by the way, this page has already indexed google and is currently number 3 for yext car service.

They say life is funnier than fiction. I'm really glad I started this thread. Yext turned out to be a serious joke. I was open minded and waiting for a little positive feedback, and I was planning on trying it out with a small budget. But $4 was bad enough. Are they crazy, or smoke'n something medicinal? $12 a lead and they don't have any positive feedback or goodwill to back up their increase of quality leads. Too funny. Especially in this economy.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Okay, here is an update from me on Yext. I would first like to say that I have experienced no problems getting credit for bad leads from Yext. Since I did join I have not had any good leads.

I have had a total of THREE calls. The cool thing is - for every call you get, you can actually hear the call on your computer. You can log in to your account and playback the actual call that came in. You can listen to how the call was handled from your end and their end.

My first Yext call........."How much does it cost for a windshield in a Toyota (or similiar). I took this call. I was amused to play it back. I answered the phone and you could clearly hear in the call I was bewildered. "Say that again please". I informed her it was a limousine company she was calling and she hung up on me. I didn't but the call together with Yext until I played the tape.

My next call was also a wrong number.

I sent Tech Support an e-mail and received an e-mail back 15 minutes later telling me that credits had been issued on both calls.

I had another call today which I also disputed even though the guy called to get a quote on a limousine from Bakersfield to Burbank (a two hour ride). He wanted to know if we could do the four hour trip for $65 and compared it in the recorded call to a rental car for $65.

This was OBVIOUSLY not a QUALITY LEAD and I will be damned if I am going to pay $12 for a junk lead where someone seriously believes he can get a limousine for four hours for $65. That is not quality and if I am charged for it, I will most certainly be done with Yext and the whole industry collectively shook today with that e-mail. From coast to coast I heard loud and clear how sleazy, slimy and underhanded it was for Yext to go out and recruit from within our ranks at $4.00 a lead, get a bunch of operators to sign on and jack up the rate by three times the amount. It was a classic BAIT AND SWITCH.

My prediction, word will be spread through both industry magazines, the NLA, the TPLA and this forum and Yext will be very lucky to have a handful of operators.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Okay, here is an update from me on Yext. I would first like to say that I have experienced no problems getting credit for bad leads from Yext. Since I did join I have not had any good leads.

I have had a total of THREE calls. The cool thing is - for every call you get, you can actually hear the call on your computer. You can log in to your account and playback the actual call that came in. You can listen to how the call was handled from your end and their end.

My first Yext call........."How much does it cost for a windshield in a Toyota (or similiar). I took this call. I was amused to play it back. I answered the phone and you could clearly hear in the call I was bewildered. "Say that again please". I informed her it was a limousine company she was calling and she hung up on me. I didn't but the call together with Yext until I played the tape.

My next call was also a wrong number.

I sent Tech Support an e-mail and received an e-mail back 15 minutes later telling me that credits had been issued on both calls.

I had another call today which I also disputed even though the guy called to get a quote on a limousine from Bakersfield to Burbank (a two hour ride). He wanted to know if we could do the four hour trip for $65 and compared it in the recorded call to a rental car for $65.

This was OBVIOUSLY not a QUALITY LEAD and I will be damned if I am going to pay $12 for a junk lead where someone seriously believes he can get a limousine for four hours for $65. That is not quality and if I am charged for it, I will most certainly be done with Yext and the whole industry collectively shook today with that e-mail. From coast to coast I heard loud and clear how sleazy, slimy and underhanded it was for Yext to go out and recruit from within our ranks at $4.00 a lead, get a bunch of operators to sign on and jack up the rate by three times the amount. It was a classic BAIT AND SWITCH.

My prediction, word will be spread through both industry magazines, the NLA, the TPLA and this forum and Yext will be very lucky to have a handful of operators.
    Yes, the call recording software and inbox are pretty neat. So is the ability to email straight from the recorded call to anyone. However, I am sure this technology is out there without the tremendously high cost if $12 per call.

Guys, all they are doing is using FREE websites to promote OUR companies in our areas. All things we can do ourselves. The only thing they are paying for is the pay-per-click stuff that again, we can do for ourselves but yet charging us an inflated, now ridiculous fee!

Let's not make these guys rich on our dime!

I got confirmation of my cancellation! YAY!