Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of Yext?

Default Has anyone heard of Yext?

I've been contacted by a company out of New York, Yext(Next Yellow Pages?), for advertising similar to limos.com. But there whole sell is that there is no contract, they set your page up for free on their website, and they charge you $4 per actual call that you receive. So the client goes to there website and punches in their zip code, see's the different available companies and calls the one they want. Bam, $4 fee.

Has anyone heard of them or used them? Thanks.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Levine View Post
    I've been contacted by a company out of New York, Yext(Next Yellow Pages?), for advertising similar to limos.com. But there whole sell is that there is no contract, they set your page up for free on their website, and they charge you $4 per actual call that you receive. So the client goes to there website and punches in their zip code, see's the different available companies and calls the one they want. Bam, $4 fee.

Never heard of them but $4 per call is pretty steep!

Geoff , I asked the same question in August.

http://www.limousinesonline.com/showthread.php?t=10630

Blog Entries

I just became a member last week. Too early to report results. $4 is ouch steep what I thought but they have a system that will weed out "bad leads" and not charge you for it which I thought was interesting. According to the pitch I received they are committed to bringing operators only quality leads that we have a better chance of turning over. They assign you a unique # and the calls are also recorded and available to be downloaded. They are sort of billing themselves as the "Ritz Carlton" of lead generation companies from what I gather. We'll see.

I think it will be better for airport work vs. stretch but I will keep you updated.

New York, NY -- July 7, 2009 --Yext, Inc., a leading local search and advertising company, is pleased to announce the formal launch of Yext Car Service - a leading online destination for consumers searching for car service providers in their local area.

Yext Car Service was launched in partnership with Joe Cirruzzo, Sr., a 40-year industry veteran and member of the Boards for the Taxicab, Limousine and Paratransit Association and National Limousine Association. Mr. Cirruzzo notes that "people predominantly use the internet to find local service providers. Yext Car Service is a simple, risk-free way for facilities to connect with consumers who are searching online for car service near them."
    Thousands of people search Yext Car Service every day to find car service. Providers list on the site for free and pay a fee when prospects call them directly. "There's really no downside to list - you pay a fee when your phone rings with a new prospect - and results are totally measurable," adds Cirruzzo.

In addition to providing new business to operators, Yext Car Service also provides sophisticated reporting tools that allow clients to measure the volume and quality of calls they receive. Yext Car Service also offers a free "secret shopper" program by providing service centers with audio recordings of the customer phone calls they receive through the service. "It's a fantastic sales coaching and training tool," shares Cirruzzo.
    "We're thrilled to launch Yext Car Service and drive new business to participating service centers nationwide," says Todd Albright, Yext Division President. "Like all of Yext's directories, Yext Car Service will offer our clients one guarantee: you'll never pay us a dime, until we make your phone ring with a prospective new customer."

Yext Car Service is currently accepting applications to list from service centers seeking new business. Contact us at directly at 1-800-321-YEXT.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; October 20th, 2009 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks guys.

As far as the $4, I thought it was steep at first, but then I compared it to LDC's 30 bad leads at $1 each and thought it might be worth it.

The thing about Yext, is it's not just a car service, they are planning to be the next yellow pages and they are doing the $4 lead to everyone from plumbers to carpet cleaners.

But I think I'll pass until I hear some good reviews.

www.limokings.net

Thanks guys.

As far as the $4, I thought it was steep at first, but then I compared it to LDC's 30 bad leads at $1 each and thought it might be worth it.

The thing about Yext, is it's not just a car service, they are planning to be the next yellow pages and they are doing the $4 lead to everyone from plumbers to carpet cleaners.

But I think I'll pass until I hear some good reviews.
    I passed because the "companies" that they listed in my area that were using Yext were not quality companies.

On another note, I don't advertise on LDC or Yext but as of late, I have been getting a good amount of affiliate work from other cities. That doesn't cost me a thing!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I passed because the "companies" that they listed in my area that were using Yext were not quality companies.
    Interesting, Tim. So I ran a handful of Zip Codes in various areas... now I wasn't expecting a "Who's Who" of limo companies, but I admit it was a little disappointing some of the results that came up. A winner here and there, sure, but several of which I know for a fact are mutts.
    Karl Jones

The new limo digest has a advertisement for cheaplimorates.com. What is this industry coming to.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

On another note, I don't advertise on LDC or Yext but as of late, I have been getting a good amount of affiliate work from other cities. That doesn't cost me a thing!
    This is really a stupid reason not to evaluate something based on your own merits. You passed because the other companies were not "quality companies" in your humble opinion? Come on, Tim. I know you are smarter then this.

I think the real reason is many of you just don't want to pay the $4 per call and don't want to grab your balls & admit it. You pass judgement on the service without even listening to what they are saying just because the so called "big dogs" are not advertising there and it's $4 per lead. Everyone gripes & moans about how people lowball or want cheap limos yet you don't want to spend that kind of money on a lead, LOL. I find that amusing.

This service just launced 2 months ago! If Luff or Schuler were endorsing this service and not someone else (Joe Cirruzzo, Sr) so many on this forum would be on it like flies on schnit. Or what if Mr. Cirruzzo was a regular contributor here - would that change your perception of the service?

That fact remains it's a fairly new service for limos and unproven in any market. From what I was told the service has big networking plans to increase the brand awareness (just like LDC is doing with OpenTable, David's, etc).

Alot of limo companies like to say how they are so high end this and high end that yet a company does the same thing (touting their leads are of better quality then most lead generation services) and nobody here gives it a test drive. I'll be the guinea pig.

I am going to try 10 phone calls and if I don't turn anything over after 10 calls I am out of there but I am giving it a shot. What will I lose, $40? In the long term scheme of things to test the waters in a new ad venture that's not bad. I am testing a newspaper ad that is costing me $100 per week with not even guaranteed phone calls. At least if i pay with Yext I have the chance to talk to someone and turn over a booking.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; October 21st, 2009 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    This is really a stupid reason not to evaluate something based on your own merits. You passed because the other companies were not "quality companies" in your humble opinion? Come on, Tim. I know you are smarter then this.

I think the real reason is many of you just don't want to pay the $4 per call and don't want to grab your balls & admit it. You pass judgement on the service without even listening to what they are saying just because the so called "big dogs" are not advertising there and it's $4 per lead. Everyone gripes & moans about how people lowball or want cheap limos yet you don't want to spend that kind of money on a lead, LOL. I find that amusing.

This service just launced 2 months ago! If Luff or Schuler were endorsing this service and not someone else (Joe Cirruzzo, Sr) so many on this forum would be on it like flies on schnit. Or what if Mr. Cirruzzo was a regular contributor here - would that change your perception of the service?

That fact remains it's a fairly new service for limos and unproven in any market. From what I was told the service has big networking plans to increase the brand awareness (just like LDC is doing with OpenTable, David's, etc).

Alot of limo companies like to say how they are so high end this and high end that yet a company does the same thing (touting their leads are of better quality then most lead generation services) and nobody here gives it a test drive. I'll be the guinea pig.

I am going to try 10 phone calls and if I don't turn anything over after 10 calls I am out of there but I am giving it a shot. What will I lose, $40? In the long term scheme of things to test the waters in a new ad venture that's not bad. I am testing a newspaper ad that is costing me $100 per week with not even guaranteed phone calls. At least if i pay with Yext I have the chance to talk to someone and turn over a booking.

Jim
    Jim, I am a little offended by your comments. "Tim, you are smarter than this." What is that supposed to mean? I listened to what they were selling and as for the companies that were listed, I said in this thread (and only in this thread) that they weren't quality companies, and they aren't, but I also know that those companies are not doing very well. Those companies are the cutthroats right now just trying to get the wheels to roll. One of the companies is now offering detailing services in effort to make more money (it would be a shame if they were to actually go out and get the correct permits to operate with their extra time) and the other company has an owner that went out and got a full-time job because they are hurting. I am not in this position at all! Truth be told, October 2009 is a record month for me.

I am very comfortable with this volume. I just had my stretch out Sunday for 4.5 hours, Monday afternoon for 3 hours, and Tuesday afternoon for 5 hours. Last Wednesday I did a wedding...yes...a wedding on a Wednesday (which makes a lot of sense if you are on a budget...think about it). I am having to turn down several runs and a lot of weekend work as I am full and the other companies that I contract with are also full.

Some would say that I should go out and buy another vehicle. I have evaluated where I am at and I do not feel that it is not the right time to do this. I have other things that I am doing with the added income. In fact, I just paid off a loan last week...15 months early which isn't bad for a 36 month loan.

Overall, paying another $4 for leads that I am going to have to turn down completely, and I mean completely as I don't have any other cars/companies to rely on, seems like a complete waste of money. Also, I have found the for many keywords that I want in search engines that I come up higher than Yext. It would only make sense to me that the potential client would find my website first. For a client using Yext, since the other companies they listed and told me about are not quality companies, it is likely that a person will use Yext once, have a bad experience with the limo company, and never use them again or any of the limo services listed with them. I don't want to be thrown into a category of services not to use just because association. And what's more is that from the sales pitch, and for the guy who called me pitched it poorly and the only reason I listened is that they didn't block the phone number, that this was a service geared toward that one-time client. I am trying to get repeat clients.

Yext just didn't seem like a good fit for my current business plan. Maybe it will work for you, Jim. But before you come out and say that someone isn't smart for not making the same choice on a decision, I suggest that you get all the facts. I have been busy and was tired when I posted that and I just wanted to throw in my two nickels quickly without going in depth. I would be interested to know your success with Yext, but for people saying things like "It is the Next Yellow Pages", I am not a fan of the yellow pages and others have made similar comments, and I believe you, Jim, have even said something similar, so I find that you are listing with Yext interesting. Still, I would be interested to know your success.

And just for your information, I do believe that Luff made comments about joining RateButler.com. I DID NOT run out and join that just because Luff said he did it. I have my own independent thoughts and opinions. Someone's opinions are not wrong.

Now, off to the Ford dealership. Some work needs to be done and I need to look at some vehicles! Next purchases: Corporate - SUV, Retail - 300.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

The "Tim I know you are smarter than this" comment was based on your previous post;

It seemed like an uneducated statement to me, Tim (uneducated regarding Yext and not in terms of your IQ or to insult your intelligence).

From talking to you here and on the phones I know you are smart so for someone to not research something and make a broad statement like you did based on others that are associated with the service to me didnt seem very intelligent.

You didn't say that he called and explained the program to you and you decided against the program based on these factors.

Would you have said what you did in the above post, I would have never directed any comment directly at you.

I did not say you "were not smart", did I? No. I said "I know you are smarter then this, Tim". Don't mix my words. My comments were based on the facts you presented. Maybe its YOU who should present more facts before making a statement.

In addition, the whole post was not directed entirely at you. It was a general post of my opinion.

No I am not a fan of the yellow pages. I pulled all my ads this year. This is an online lead generation source. I fell for their pitch and formed my own opinion/conclusion based on what I was told and figured what the heck.

I will report my results here...good or bad and I will eat crow if I misjudged what type of leads I thought I would get....and you guys can all laugh at me and say "we told you so". I'll even share our recordings if you guys & gals want me to.
    Last edited by Jim30; October 21st, 2009 at 10:10 AM.

In my opinion, I have found that generally all lead generation sites don't work for me seeing as how I don't run a cheap service. In the past, the leads that I have received have been for people wanting things like a Hummer for 4 hour for $200. I am tired of wasting my time and money on those people. That pretty much sums it up.

As for not putting more in the original post, my response is that because the other companies listed with Yext are poor services would in turn create the impression that I offer a poor quality service just simply because I would be "guilty by association." I didn't think anything more was needed. I guess I was wrong.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

Guess I am the dumb one, !!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, I have found that generally all lead generation sites don't work for me seeing as how I don't run a cheap service. In the past, the leads that I have received have been for people wanting things like a Hummer for 4 hour for $200. I am tired of wasting my time and money on those people. That pretty much sums it up.

As for not putting more in the original post, my response is that because the other companies listed with Yext are poor services would in turn create the impression that I offer a poor quality service just simply because I would be "guilty by association." I didn't think anything more was needed. I guess I was wrong.
    One interesting thing their sales guy said to me was that you can put your prices up for the customer to see. So if you put high prices, the lowballers probably won't waste your time calling and you won't get charged any leads.

Jim, I think it makes sense to try them for the 10 calls/$40. I spoke with Jeff and he tried to get me to do the same. I told him I wanted to ask around first, but I agree that $40 can't hurt. When I told him I was going to ask around, he thought I was talking about my competition, and said if things were good, they wouldn't want to tell me. But I trust you guys to tell me like it is.

Tim, I don't think Jim was trying to be insulting. There are things that can be said like, "you're smarter than you look", or "you're not as smart as you look", or "you have a great face for radio", or "what are you talk'n bout, Dorothy?". Those would be with the intent to insult. I think he was just wondering why you came to such a quick decision to blow them off(not knowing that you had some more background).

www.limokings.net

Sorry guys. I have just been really busy lately so my posts have been pretty short and to the point. I don't make decisions lightly, and you all should know that. When I say that I decided to do or not to do something, it usually comes with much investigation...unless it is food. I don't have the time to waste when I finally decide it is time for me to eat.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    KC Airport Car Service