Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of Yext?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    Does that count for mine?
    I'll give you a +

Be mindful that you need to be clearer as post 32 has you quoting yourself & the appearance that you knew who gave you a neg rep
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Smile Test Drive

Taking a test drive is the mark of an aggressive operator looking for new opportunities. I test new stuff out all the time. Some of the test drives are home runs !

Quote Originally Posted by Jim30 View Post
    This is really a stupid reason not to evaluate something based on your own merits. You passed because the other companies were not "quality companies" in your humble opinion? Come on, Tim. I know you are smarter then this.

I think the real reason is many of you just don't want to pay the $4 per call and don't want to grab your balls & admit it. You pass judgement on the service without even listening to what they are saying just because the so called "big dogs" are not advertising there and it's $4 per lead. Everyone gripes & moans about how people lowball or want cheap limos yet you don't want to spend that kind of money on a lead, LOL. I find that amusing.

This service just launced 2 months ago! If Luff or Schuler were endorsing this service and not someone else (Joe Cirruzzo, Sr) so many on this forum would be on it like flies on schnit. Or what if Mr. Cirruzzo was a regular contributor here - would that change your perception of the service?

That fact remains it's a fairly new service for limos and unproven in any market. From what I was told the service has big networking plans to increase the brand awareness (just like LDC is doing with OpenTable, David's, etc).

Alot of limo companies like to say how they are so high end this and high end that yet a company does the same thing (touting their leads are of better quality then most lead generation services) and nobody here gives it a test drive. I'll be the guinea pig.

I am going to try 10 phone calls and if I don't turn anything over after 10 calls I am out of there but I am giving it a shot. What will I lose, $40? In the long term scheme of things to test the waters in a new ad venture that's not bad. I am testing a newspaper ad that is costing me $100 per week with not even guaranteed phone calls. At least if i pay with Yext I have the chance to talk to someone and turn over a booking.

Jim
    Dean Schuler

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    I still stand with a poor view on pay-per-lead services. This is the sort of thing about why I didn't want to sign up with Yext.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedar Mill Limousine View Post
    You may pay less with LDC, but what is your conversion rate? Still a waste of money in most cases. Spend $100 in leads only to book a $80 job. Not worth it. lyconh

I'll give you credit for signing your name to this negative rep. But you are wrong. You are pretty close on the $100/month on leads, but we book $500 - $1000 / month through LDC leads. The $100/month fits into our advertising budget just fine. Next time you could post that as a question instead of just going straight to the negative rep.
    Rich, it's okay. I got a negative rep for my post, but it was from someone with no clout as it was neutral. Someone new must be lurking in the shadows.

"ppl companies have helped many new & young salespeople soar & mkae great incomes"
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Rich, it's okay. I got a negative rep for my post, but it was from someone with no clout as it was neutral. Someone new must be lurking in the shadows.

"ppl companies have helped many new & young salespeople soar & mkae great incomes"
    And now you receive a + rep with clout
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Schuler View Post
    Taking a test drive is the mark of an aggressive operator looking for new opportunities. I test new stuff out all the time. Some of the test drives are home runs !
    There are so many new things out there though now a days that if I was to sign up and take a test drive with all of them, I would be flat broke! It's always hard to weed out the good from the bad. Usually an educated decision based on forums like these contribute to my decision on if I try it or not.

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    I'll give you a +

Be mindful that you need to be clearer as post 32 has you quoting yourself & the appearance that you knew who gave you a neg rep
    Thank you sir.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

UPDATE: 4 days passed since last update.

No new calls to report.

11 days in. 4 calls. 1 call of questionable quality. Other 3 calls garbage.

Jim thanks for the update. I will know not to waste my time with them.

It has been my experience that 95% of companies contacting me by phone and claiming to do this and that for this much is running a scam. Be Careful and do homework before commiting.

Blog Entries

Just to clarify as I do not want Yext to get unfairly distorted - I contacted them - they did not contact me. I found them after reading an article and seeing them pop up in a google search I was doing scouting competition.

Jim

Senior Member Limo Padawan Eclipse_Limo's Avatar

Jim,Thank you for keeping us informad... they contacted me today, and I informaded them that since we are the only limousine service in about a 75 mile radious, that I realy didn't see the need for us to use them, but told them if things changed , we would contact them...

They called me up for a follow up today. I let them know I was waiting to find out how they take care of Jim. I told him about your 3 bad and 1 questionable leads, but it sounded like he believed they would charge you for all of them. But then he mentioned the recorded part and said the computer should automatically not charge for bad leads. I personally don't have faith in that technology yet.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    The new limo digest has a advertisement for cheaplimorates.com. What is this industry coming to.
    Didn't the NEW LDC start this with their $22/person BS

Default Yext Service

Got the contact call several weeks ago, asked for email info to evaluate. 2nd phone call was offered a trial, but required credit card. Was sent a link to sign up/login. Read the service agreement, didn't like the terms, one was "all disputes will be resolved in NYC.", never signed on. I sent an email request advising them I was not going to participate.

Got my latest credit card bill with a $20 charge for 5 calls. Have asked for a reversal since I never formally agreed to their terms and signed on. No response after 3 days. I sent another email request just now.

Default Yext Car Service Lies

Just another cold calling solicitor that LIES! Noah from Yext Car Service called my business and lied to my receptionist indicating that he had some clients that needed a car in our area. So she took his name and number thinking he was calling from an affiliate limousine company. I called him back, but first let me explain how I knew he was a liar…

Over the past several months I have been receiving emails from Yext Car Service indicating they are looking for some one to send work to in our area. The emails look like they might have come from an affiliate limousine company. They also indicate a name and number and to call them right away. The subject line of the email usually has a date coming up in a few weeks and reads something like limo service needed 11/14/09. Once I received the first email I checked them out on the web and realized they where using misleading tactics to get limousine owners to call regarding their lead generation services. I have been deleting their emails and ignoring their phone calls, however today pushed me over the edge.

I called Noah back and played dumb. I said I had received a message regarding some work he wanted to farm out to us. He said yes he has some clients interested in a car in our area. I asked him when they needed a car and he said numerous days. He then went into his sales speech. I stopped him and I asked why he had lied to my receptionist regarding needing to farm runs to us. I asked why he hadn’t been honest regarding the fact that he is not a limousine company and in reality a lead generation company. He went on and on about how it must have been a misunderstanding. I then confronted him on the emails, he became very defensive and said he never sent us any emails and didn’t know what I was talking about. I then told him perhaps he should find a more honest approach to selling his services, since limousine owners don’t like to be lied to. He then became angry and said he wanted to send us business but he wasn’t now and he was going to make sure all of our competitors got the business. We then hung up.

What a joke, I would never work with a company that from the very first conversation lies to you. I hope this serves as a warning for everyone else that gets contacted from these jokers. Also if you want to add Noah’s number at Yext Car Services to your blocked list it is 917-210-6711

Hope this saves you guys and gals some time.
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines