Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cedar Mill Limousine Logo

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Default Cedar Mill Limousine Logo

Okay, so we are in the process of making a logo. I was wondering if any of you get into this kind of thing if I can get some constructive criticism. This is what I have come up with so far, but I am not sure if I am on the right track. Any suggestions? Scrap it or any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; September 28th, 2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Smile

Looks good and clean.
    Is this the beginning stage, are you going to add email, website or other info to it?

I guess asking what is the purpose of this logo helps.
    Is it for fliers for events that you are sponsoring or for new business cards?

I guess with choosing your limo market to cater to, your logo also depends on what it is intended for; business cards, letter head, flier logo.

May I ask are you designing it yourself and what are you using, photoshop, illustrator...?
    Or is this being done by someone else?

Definately looks good so far though.
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion Limos View Post
    Looks good and clean.
    Is this the beginning stage, are you going to add email, website or other info to it?
    beginning stage. Not planning any info, just want a logo.

I guess asking what is the purpose of this logo helps.
    Is it for fliers for events that you are sponsoring or for new business cards?
    Looking for a logo to use with anything...everything is done in layers so I can take the white oval and text off in order to split them up if needed.

I guess with choosing your limo market to cater to, your logo also depends on what it is intended for; business cards, letter head, flier logo.

May I ask are you designing it yourself and what are you using, photoshop, illustrator...?
    Or is this being done by someone else?
    So far done by me. I am using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2.

Definately looks good so far though.
    Thanks Dan. Answers inside quote box.
    Rich Rottier

Looks good rich, but I'm no expert on logo's
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

I like it! I have been looking for someone to make me a fancy logo. Any ideas ?
    "Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com

Blog Entries

Fancy isn't always what you want, simple and short seems to work best. Logo recognition is what I go for, I've put the logo on each car and now people are starting to notice it. I made mine simple enough that I could cut it on my vinyl cutter and apply it to the cars, just a small logo about 7 inches long on the bottom of each front door and the lower part of the back bumper. It seems to be working.

Rich, nice job !! It's fun doing your own, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post

It was at first...I have a lot going on right now so now I am too the point of frustration. Thank you for the encouragement guys...Denver, I would do something with mountains...that is what I think of when I think of Denver.
    Rich Rottier

Blog Entries

Looks nice. I would steer clear of phone #'s and website info in the logo itself. Keep it simple & clean. I would take the shadow circle out from under the 300. The circle around the mill is enough. It will keep the eye focused on the limo more.

Rich I like it because it is very different from any that I have seen. I think it will set your company apart. I would not change a thing about it.

i would make it a little more print friendly. you cant really use images if you want to print it on a shirt, etc. you want something really simple that will get you good branding.

I agree with Wade that it is very unique. I would like to see it without the stretch and just the windmill and text.

My constructive opinion...I don't care for images that mix both photo and a line drawing. Do one or the other. A logo will work better if it is a simple logo. Less is more. Avoid any gray toning - this will not fax/copy well. Black and White with spot color will work better.

I have attached a couple of examples that I quickly put together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    My constructive opinion...I don't care for images that mix both photo and a line drawing. Do one or the other. A logo will work better if it is a simple logo. Less is more. Avoid any gray toning - this will not fax/copy well. Black and White with spot color will work better.

I have attached a couple of examples that I quickly put together.
    well done

I say keep it simple. We paid someone to do our logo and it costed me a whole $25.00 they gave us 10 examples we picked 1 and worked it from there.

Best $25 I ever spent.

I wish we could put our logo on our cars however the PUC will not allow logo's, phone numbers or etc on the limousines

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Fancy isn't always what you want, simple and short seems to work best. Logo recognition is what I go for, I've put the logo on each car and now people are starting to notice it. I made mine simple enough that I could cut it on my vinyl cutter and apply it to the cars, just a small logo about 7 inches long on the bottom of each front door and the lower part of the back bumper. It seems to be working.

"Girls might be able to fake orgasams, but men can fake whole relationships"

www.limoservicedenver.com