Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Light up Dance Floors

Senior Member Limo Padawan MrGoldwing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    how do you "program" the different light shows? i saw one that had flash, fade, strobe, etc. does that one do it? where do you buy it from their site didnt have much on it.
    To program any of the 4 buttons you have to hold the preset button for 3 sec. This unit has about 20-25 different light shows (mtg only has about 10-12), you just scroll through the shows and just program the one you like to the preset. I actually called them back in the days and just bought the unit through the phone. But there is a website if you punch it in google that sells them over the net. I have every limo outfitted with these units and I love them.
    Shows: strobe/flash (slow to fast 8 shows), fade (slow to fast 8 shows) and about 7 different solid colors. My favorite presets: fade half slow, flash half fast, red solid, and white solid to clean cars after the job. Last preset is my favorite because it lights up the car like no other.

how strips are you using on your controller? i just found the one you have at

http://ecolightsolutions.com/index.p...hk=1&Itemid=61

he said they can only handle 3 5m strips of the LED all together, the one at mtg does 8 5m strips.

Senior Member Limo Padawan MrGoldwing's Avatar

I have entire car hooked up to only one controller: one bar (whole lenght) entire floor (160") and entire ceiling (160") and one small bar background.
    Im looking into the manual of the unit and it says: you can run up to 5 amps per color (250 LEDs of each color). Assembly limted to 24 amps MAX with additional grounds.

Talk to Eric at RNC 714 401 5265. He charged me $75/unit (2 yrs ago) that handles up to 50 ft of LEDs. If you need more than 50' you may need something additional.

awesome thanks a lot, i just got off the phone with eric and he was the first person i talked to that actually knew what he was talking about. i couldnt order it today because the shop was closed but im going to get it on monday.

Thank for the disco floor responses. January we are installing one in the Escalade. I hate hardwood floors and granite...I like things to POP!

how do you build a disco floor? i want to put one in my bus and am unsure on how to build one.

also where can i buy a neon dance pole. i want one that changes colors

There are number of way's to build dance floor's router a design or some use vinyl sign materal to make design. You will need some kind of light's some use rgb led's and a controller or you could use under car lighting kits they have more color's and millon's of program's and are water proof.The floor is made of 1/2'' acrylic you could use scratch proof acrylic much more costly,white backing seem's to reflect the light's best.Make sure you seal between the acrylic and the backing very well or spilled drink's will leak between them and look like hell i use urathne the same stuff you use for windsheld's.If you have more ? pm me or just ask i'll do what i can do to help.

do you have any pictures of the build. i kinda understand what you are saying but pictures would help out.

Soory no pic's pm sent.

bringing back a old thread, i just bought a new bus and i really want to do the disco floor in this one, could you guys help me out.

What about" Corian" (used for kitchen counters) . It can also be seamed into a one piece unit , no grout lines. It aint cheap cost similar to granite.
    "Kickin' Bridezilla's Ass"...One Bitch at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ROADMAX View Post
    What about" Corian" (used for kitchen counters) . It can also be seamed into a one piece unit , no grout lines. It aint cheap cost similar to granite.
    Corian scratches if you even look at it wrong. It's nice stuff for what it's for, but it sure scratches easy.

I've heard scratches can be buffed out because it is a solid surface and colored all the way thru, but I guess heavy foot traffic would be too much abuse and require constant polishing, 'ehhhh... it was a thought. How 'bout a nice sheet of brass with copper trim. I think that would look cool.
    "Kickin' Bridezilla's Ass"...One Bitch at a Time!