Thread: Vinyl Roof repair

Default Vinyl Roof repair

Hi All,
    the limo I just bought is in decent condition 1993 Caddy 8 passenger, needs some tlc in a few spots but nothing really major, stuff that I can handle myself. The roof however is the problem area. The vinyl has some very minor tears here and there but the front over the windshield is the the problem area. It has lifted all the way across from side to side. I can see rust damage under it and the windshield rubber is lifting away. I am quite handy with a welder and plan on removing the windshield and lifting the vinyl roof back to about the front door pillars to effect the windshield channel repair. Vinyl on the other hand is not my specialty area. My question is ...While quite handy with my hands n such I don't feel intimidated to work with it I would like to know how difficult it is to reglue and restretch the vinyl roof?

Thanks,
    BlackRain.

This is something I would not try to fix myself. There are certain patterns to that vinyl and once you stretch it it will never be the same. I would leave this to a roof or vinyl repair shop. Cadillac used to use a vinyl pattern they called elk grain and it would look terrible if not repaired exactly right.

Blog Entries

Agreed, once vinyl has been glued I do not think it wise to try an add different glue. The Glue could be made of different bases, and if mixed together it could end up making the two surfaces repell. Depending on the size of the stretch, you could probably get a new top put on for less than a $1000.00

In Canada the prices aren't so cheap... they want an arm and a leg to put on a new top. The stretch needs to be about an 1/4" - 1/2" forward IMHO in order to be put back into what looks to be the proper placement. Thanks for the input it is appreciated... if I decide to go forward with the stretch .. from what I have read so far it is just a matter of applying heat to the area of the stretch correct?

Thanks,
    BR.

A new vinyl top here in the US for a 120" stretch now runs around $2000.00 US.

It will cost $1200 in NJ and about 900 in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by bluelimos View Post
    It will cost $1200 in NJ and about 900 in NYC
    Hi BlueLimos,

Where in New Jersey do you recommend getting the Vinyl Top Replaced? I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 with 11K miles on it which has a vinyl top which is in need of a new vinyl top. It was a Florida Vehicle so the top is sun damaged severely. It is for our Sweet and Sassy Salon and Spa Business in Central New Jersey.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Smile

i think you have some misnomers on "corporate leasing"

Get with Cinema Car and see what they can do for you. With Credit scores in the mid 600's they should be able to get you done with 5 K down