Thread: Help! '00 E450 Shuttle Bus rear A/C compressor went out - where can I find??

Default Help! '00 E450 Shuttle Bus rear A/C compressor went out - where can I find??

Byline says it all pretty much. I am prepping our party bus to take it on the run when all of a sudden the compressor goes out. Its a very common 2000 Ford E450 Krystal conversion shuttle bus. Holds 17 in the back, previous Thrifty shuttle bus. Its the rear a/c compressor, and the only model #s I could get was this:

Tama SAE J639 made in Japan.

I realize these have to all work on the same a/c compressor so can anyone tell me where to find one? I researched online and haven't found ANYTHING. I know this is a super common a/c compressor, so does anyone know the correct model # or which universal compressor would work?

Thanks a bunch!

Bryan

i'm not sure where you live, but if you put your zip code in here you will find a place that deals with those type of parts:

http://www.busdealers.carrier.com/De...atorTypeID=101

you will have to bring the old one in or drive the bus up there probably. i ended up having to get one for my 01 e450 champion conversion from the champion supplier and it cost me $500 instead of $300 because the one the place near me had the bolts in a certain position that wouldnt work.

Just call up your local autozone or carparts dealer and they can get them for you. We replaced one this year on one of our buses, plus they'll be cheaper that way.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

thank you guys for all your help! I'm still tinkering trying to find a better model # on it so at least I can do online research for it. It is a 17pax (+2) Krystal conversion, on the e450 diesel. I am also dealing with incredible (paint/body AND an interior shop) if anybody needs a hookup. I'm an autowholesaler as well so all these guys do excellent work at wholesale rates. I'm happy to help out anybody who helps me!!

ANy other info on this compressor would be awesome. I can supply the vin if needed too. Also, where is the rear compressor located?? It was my mechanic that originally took down the #s for it.

Thanks!

Have you called Krystal and asked them? They are still in business so you're in luck there---I think they'd be easy to talk with and offer some help.

Kathy
    City Heat Limousine

This is what my mechanic just told me: "I delivered the compressor to Vic Norcross @ RMACC at 8:30 this morning, he states that this is a unique style of compressor which he does not stock. He states that he will call his supplier in Las Vegas Monday morning and get back with me on a price. I will call you once price and availability is known.

Vic explained that we need to be sure to get the correct compressor (not only so it will bolt on) but we need to make sure that we get one with the 8 rib pulley design. And most importantly, he explained that this compressor is unique in that it has a special oiling system that keeps the compressor lubricated during long idle periods (ie: driver sitting still with bus running, air on, waiting on passengers). Vic states that the low buck compressors on E-Bay and such likely would not have this oiling feature."

Is this true?? Does it even matter? Thank you for all your help guys! We just finished paint, interior, and sound system so I will put some pics up of our conversion.

Does your front A/C work?
    Our bus is a '99 Ford E-450 Eldorado conversion. It has one compressor that runs front and rear A/C and two condensors ( original under the hood and one under the bus).

Our compressor came apart after a run. The major local Ford dealer (Beau Townsend) had the replacement parts in-stock and it was done within 24 hours of breakdown.
    Prelimo Andy

My front a/c blows ice cold, I guess we have 2 compressors, one to run the front and another to run the back. Worse is even with just the a/c compressor removed that runs the back I can't drive the car so its just gonna sit til I have the replacement part (was 3hr job alone to remove the compressor).. I got ahold of the lady at Krystal and she said its the following : ACC Climate Control a/c compressor part # is 2700010A, but that parts out of stock from ACC.. I'm wondering if Vick maybe just said that to my mechanic to keep me from finding the part somewhere else..

Quote Originally Posted by PRELIMO ANDY View Post
    Does your front A/C work?
    Our bus is a '99 Ford E-450 Eldorado conversion. It has one compressor that runs front and rear A/C and two condensors ( original under the hood and one under the bus).

Our compressor came apart after a run. The major local Ford dealer (Beau Townsend) had the replacement parts in-stock and it was done within 24 hours of breakdown.
    Andy! It is good to have you on the forum. Digger has told us a lot about you! Welcome! I hope you become an active member...we need someone to keep Digger in check! I need to use one more exclaimation point!
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Blog Entries

Yes, Andy DOES keep me in-check. He's become my right-hand man. And don't mess with him, he loves "HIS" bus.

BLVD Limo, Digger, Pre First Class brandon thanks for your help. I finally fixed it. It cost 360 for the compressor and 300 for the labor, but it included a full flush(apparently like 1hr flush too), new freon and some other things. A lot more than expected but at least its ice cold now. And the compressor is designed for parking which is good for tailgating too. The two-tone paint is done, just having the interior finished so I'll throw up some pics!

Thanks! I'm happy I found this forum!

painted:

Senior Member Limo Padawan Eclipse_Limo's Avatar

ok, weres the pixs...lol... keep hearing about these great busses..can't wait to see them!!!!!