Thread: '05 120" LTC Front Passenger Seat Removal

Smile '05 120" LTC Front Passenger Seat Removal

Good evening everyone,

I'm thinking of removing the front passenger seat from my '05 LTC 120" built by ECB.

I have the seat removal instructions from a website that an automotive mechanic instructor has access to since he is a friend of mine, he gave me access to the site to get the directions.

I want to remove the seat to gain more space for luggage and cleaning supplies when needed.

I called ECB to see what they do as far as the passenger airbag sensor located under the seat.
    He adviced me that there is a "total deletion kit" available from Infinite Innovations that plugs into the empty plugs on the floor and acts the same as the sensor in the factory seat.
    I looked at their website and didnt see anything close mentioned or listed.
    I also did a google search with no result.

He secondly mentioned that ECB removes the standard sensors from the bottom of the seat framework and re-connects them to the plugs coming out of the floor, and just pad it to protect it from damage.

I believe this last method would in theory work as long as I can remove the parts needed.

My question is,

Does or has anyone have experience or input on any of this ??

Would putting sensors from bottom of seat, after removing them, and re-conneccting them to the plugs coming from the floor work and not trigger the airbag system or affect any other systems ? ?

Thanks for the help everyone................

(Repulation points always welcome.....LOL :-)
    Thank you,

Dan @ Fusion Limos ~ Closed

It takes like 5 minutes max to take the seat out it is only 4 fasteners and then you un plug the connector on the bottom of the seat which goes to the airbag sensor and such. We have had our seat out at times and have had no problems. No dash lights or warning lights illuminate whether or not the seat is installed. Donít waste you money on a plug to trick the sensor. If the plug is up plugged nothing happens.

The seat removed does allow for extra luggage space.
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Limos View Post
    It takes like 5 minutes max to take the seat out it is only 4 fasteners and then you un plug the connector on the bottom of the seat which goes to the airbag sensor and such. We have had our seat out at times and have had no problems. No dash lights or warning lights illuminate whether or not the seat is installed. Donít waste you money on a plug to trick the sensor. If the plug is up plugged nothing happens.

The seat removed does allow for extra luggage space.

Daytona,

How long of a time period have you had the seat removed???

I'm worried that by having the seat and the attached sensor removed will cause a malfunction in the airbag sesor system if I don't remove the sensor from the bottom of the seat and re-plug it in.
    Last thing I want is for the driver side to be screwed up and not function due to the passenger side missing.

So you never took the sensor out of the bottom of the seat and plugged it back in to complete the circuit ? ? ?

Thanks....
    Thank you,

Seatbelts save so many more lives than air bags and are your primary device to prevent critical injury.

If you take it out and you don't get the cycles of beaps and no air bag light comes on, you are good to go. I would think the system would default into thinking the seat is gone so nobody can be sitting there.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Seatbelts save so many more lives than air bags and are your primary device to prevent critical injury.

If you take it out and you don't get the cycles of beaps and no air bag light comes on, you are good to go. I would think the system would default into thinking the seat is gone so nobody can be sitting there.
    That also makes sense.

I guess I'll find out this weekend since I am removing the seat Thursday for my early morning Friday airport run.

Thanks....
    Thank you,

Red face Update

Ok,

So I have removed the seat.

Disconnected the thick grey electrical connection and the small yellow electrical connection from the bottom of the seat. These two connections were in one fiber protection wrapped bundle.
    The small yellow connection wasn't wires-to-wires. It only had wires on one connection side, the other part was molded closed.

Now when I am sitting in the driver seat and have the car running the airbag warning light on the dashboard flashes 3 times every five seconds or so. No dinging noise, just the flashing.

My concern is did I do this right or is there something I should have left plugged in like the yellow connection ? ? ?

Anyone able to help with this?????

I am afraid of the flashing light meaning the Airbag system is messed up, and the flashing warning light would be annoying also.

Thanks......
    Thank you,

We leave the seat out sometimes for weeks it depends what the car is doing. We have it out currently as we have been doing a lot of 6-7 passenger airport runs. We just unplugged the seat and thatís it we have had no problems.

FYI regardless of what the sensor does it has no effect on the driverís side. Even with the passenger seat installed unless it has a certain weight sitting in it the passenger seat the passengers air bag will not function in a crash, thus being unplugged doesn't matter.
    Daytona Limos
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Limos View Post
    We leave the seat out sometimes for weeks it depends what the car is doing. We have it out currently as we have been doing a lot of 6-7 passenger airport runs. We just unplugged the seat and thatís it we have had no problems.

FYI regardless of what the sensor does it has no effect on the driverís side. Even with the passenger seat installed unless it has a certain weight sitting in it the passenger seat the passengers air bag will not function in a crash, thus being unplugged doesn't matter.
    Byron,

Do you have the flashing "AirBag" on your dash while the seat is removed?????

Thats my main worry/concern.

Will it go out after a time or remain on? ? ?
    Thank you,

Senior Member Limo Padawan MrGoldwing's Avatar

If you dont like the light in the dash, go to a GOOD car electrician, he should be able to put a small resistor/transistor or something of that nature. We had it done on 2 cars - chryslers. Electrician should know what Im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion Limos View Post
    Byron,

Do you have the flashing "AirBag" on your dash while the seat is removed?????

Thats my main worry/concern.

Will it go out after a time or remain on? ? ?
    No there are no air bag lights lit up or flashing
    Daytona Limos
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines