Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm being harassed by a company called Web Search USA.

Angry I'm being harassed by a company called Web Search USA.

Hello every body, we just canceled their services and they are calling and harassing us. I was stupid enough to signed up for their pay per click services, and of course it was a mistake. Now when I called to cancel, they told me that it is two days too late to cancel it this month and now I have to pay for the next month. I called my credit card company and stopped the payment, so now they would not stop calling us. What a ridiculous situation it is, I feel that all of these companies that offer advertising online are just scammers, that’s all.

It isn't uncommon for such on-going (open end) services to require cancellation by a certain date; they may be working on your behalf and as such deserve to be paid. You might want to make sure you're living up to your end of the bargain (that you agreed to).

So... why do you think they keep calling you? Could there possibly be more to this story?

Calling everyone who offers advertising online a scammer is painting with a very broad brush, don't you think?
    Karl Jones

Yup there nothing but scammers!

Blog Entries

Not necessarily scammers, but usually WAY over-priced for what they are offering you in return.

Mark, I would do the following:

1) I would first ask for a copy of the contract. I don't think legally they can do anything without a signed contract or an online agreement. But then again, I'm not a lawyer.

2) Usually when you call you'll most likely get some sales guy. If he/she isn't cooperating then you can ask for a manager. If you get nowhere with the manager, then you can try writing a letter. Below is the Whois information:

Hossein, Mohammed
    Web Search USA
    2082 SE Bristol St #210
    Newport Beach, California 92660
    United States
    +1.9492509784

(another suggestion would be to call the number on the whois and not the number listed on the website. Usually if it's a small company it'll be the owner or someone higher up)

3) If you lived up to the contract and they're still harassing you, than you should file a complaint with the BBB.

Hope this helps...

Demo: http://demo.bookingtool.net
    Toll Free Number: 1(888)731-8880
    Direct: 1(973)937-8880

Filing a complaint with the BBB is utterly pointless, as they are not a governmental agency and can do nothing for you. If it keeps up you need to send a certified "no contact" letter stating that any further contact from them will initiate a lawsuit based on harassment. This is the only way to force a company to cease contact with you, and your only recourse if they continue calling is to in fact sue them, in which case you will actually win and be able to collect damages from them.

Send them a certified letter stating that you cancelled and that you don't want to use there services. Explain your side of the story, that you don't owe them any money. Tell them to stop making harrassing calls to you and to communicate in writing if they would like to send any contractual agreement that would prove that you owe them any money. Keep copies and write notes with times and dates of phone calls and who you spoke with to document everything just in case this goes to court or to help dispute any credit card charges.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

It would still be nice to know the whole story. Sounds like Buyer's Remorse more than anything else. You aren't saying much besides admitting you were past the cutoff date.
    Last edited by Karl; August 26th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
    Karl Jones

Contact your state Attorney General. They should have a consumer/business affairs office.

I had a similar situation years ago, the company called up and asked a number of questions, 1 of which could be misinterpreted or misunderstood as agreeing to a charge for service and would result in a monthly charge to your phone account.

Since it was a 3rd party billing, the phone company would not cancel the bill. I had to change phone providers to stop the billing and the 3rd party biller threatened legal action until I contacted the state AG.

They used similar tactics, you could not get an answer when you called. Or you got a receptionist who put you on hold until you finally hung up.

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Filing a complaint with the BBB is utterly pointless, as they are not a governmental agency and can do nothing for you. If it keeps up you need to send a certified "no contact" letter stating that any further contact from them will initiate a lawsuit based on harassment. This is the only way to force a company to cease contact with you, and your only recourse if they continue calling is to in fact sue them, in which case you will actually win and be able to collect damages from them.
    Isn't this what Attorneys General do????
    TCLG

Default Hey Mark!!! This is our Agreement WebSearchUSA

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    Hello every body, we just canceled their services and they are calling and harassing us. I was stupid enough to signed up for their pay per click services, and of course it was a mistake. Now when I called to cancel, they told me that it is two days too late to cancel it this month and now I have to pay for the next month. I called my credit card company and stopped the payment, so now they would not stop calling us. What a ridiculous situation it is, I feel that all of these companies that offer advertising online are just scammers, that’s all.

This guy is one of those people who goes around using these services and feels that he is entitled to get something for free he read sand signed the agreement form so therefore he should be aware of the companies guidlines. Take a look for yourselves. He wants to use our service NOT pay us and then call his credit card company to dispute the charges what a loser signed J.H WebSearchUSA

Search Engine Positioning Agreement

Web Search USA Inc.
    2082 S.E. Bristol Street, Suite 203
    Newport Beach, CA 92660-1740

Telephone: (800) 396-6011
    Facsimile: (949) 250-9785
    Web: www.WebSearchUSA.net

1. Web Search USA agrees to provide Client with Search Engine Positioning Services (hereinafter referred to as "SEP") as described in this agreement. Web Search USA is authorized to use the specific keywords and/or phases set forth in “The Search Engine Placement Order Form and Payment Authorization” customized for each individual business entity in the search engines and/or directories that are most frequently used by the general public which are defined below and or other items other than search engine optimization (hereinafter referred to as “SEO”) listed here.

2. Client agrees to pay Web Search USA an initial deposit fee for services rendered [unless waved by Web Search USA]. Client will be billed in advance of services rendered. Clients will be provided with the service contract for approval prior to billing and commencement of services [other than research in connection with the SEPR service which are complimentary].

3. SEP Services are intended to provide the client with preferential positioning in selected search engines and report results upon client request. SEP Services include: Research keywords and phrases to select appropriate, relevant search terms. Spell out your keywords where possible, while other keywords may be refined based on research. . Position your site(s) on the specified search engines at such a position as to maximize traffic and quality of traffic to your site (s) within the operating budget.

4. Selected search engines include, but are not limited to:
    Google, Yahoo, AOL, Bing (formally MSN), Alta Vista, Ask.com Direct Hit, Fast, Looksmart, Infoseek Network, Excite, Lycos, Hot Bot, Open Directory.

Page 1 of 2

Search Engine Positioning Agreement

5. Client acknowledges the following with respect to services: Web Search USA has no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. Client site may be excluded from any search engine or directory at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory. If outlined in contract under optional services company will resubmit pages that have been dropped from the index if applicable. Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms and other competitive factors, Web Search USA does not guarantee #1positions for any particular keyword, phrase or search term. Client will see a sponsored ranking in one or more of the search engines above based upon individual package.

6. Web Search USA is not responsible for changes made to the Web site by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings of the client's Web site.

7. Web Search USA makes no other claims, warranties, or guarantees with respect to the services it provides. Jurisdiction over any disputes arising under or pertaining to this agreement or to the services rendered by Web Search USA pursuant to this agreement will be limited exclusively to the courts and laws of Orange County, California without regard to conflict of laws or principles.

8. Confidentiality: During the term of this agreement, and therefore for a period of two (2) years, Web Search USA shall not, without the prior written consent of the client, disclose to anyone any confidential information. "Confidential information" for the purposes of this agreement shall include client's proprietary and confidential information such as, but not limited to, customer lists, business plans, marketing plans, passwords or user ids, financial information, designs etc. Confidential information shall not include any information that: Is disclosed by client without restriction, or becomes publicly available through no act of Web Search USA. Is rightfully received by Web Search USA from a third party.

9. Contract is to remain in effect on an ongoing basis with a recurring monthly billing cycle to begin on the date of this contract and follow each month (30 days) after initial placement unless otherwise canceled by either party.

10. Web Search USA retains the right to cancel this contract at anytime. If customer submits written cancellation notice 7 days prior to the next billing cycle per the “Web Search USA Search Engine Placement Order Form and Payment Authorization” the client shall not be billed for services thereafter, as it will indicate the customer no longer wishes services to be rendered. There shall be no refund given for services or placement already provided and credit unless otherwise approved at Web Search USA’s discretion.

11. This contract is binding throughout the world with its computer generated signature. A signature, whether electronic or on paper/is first and foremost a symbol that signifies intent. Thus, the definition of "signed" in the Uniform Commercial Code includes "any symbol" so long as it is "executed or adopted by a party with a present intention to authenticate in writing". Your agreement in writing or electronically constitutes a legally binding agreement to both parties stated above.

9. Contract is to remain in effect on an ongoing basis with a recurring monthly billing cycle to begin on the date of this contract and follow each month (30 days) after initial placement unless otherwise canceled by either party.

I would send a certified letter canceling service as per the agreement as noted in section 9 of their contract. Seems pretty cut and dry, pay out final month and be
    done with them.

I believe what he said was he called two days too late for the current monthly billing cycle. I don't think he was being forced to remain with them for the term of the contract. However, to not reverse charges two days into the billing cycle is an indication the company is not very reasonable. In our line of work - compare it to a client going over 15 minutes from prepaid time. Are you going to charge him? Of course not! All Mark had to do was pay that final month because the boneheads wouldn't let him out of the contract over two days.

I think by now, the matter should be over.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Arrow

I agree, he should have been aware of what he was signing, knowing the costs, the term, and ofcourse any termination of services clauses. We all hate wasting money, but you gotta try to make yourself aware of what foot you're gonna put where. Chock it up to a lesson learned.

Default This is our order form Web Search USA

Search Engine Placement Order Form
    and Payment Authorization
    Web Search USA
    2082 S.E. Bristol Street, Suite 210
    Newport Beach, California 92660-1740
    Telephone: (800) 396-6011 * Facsimile: (949) 250-9785
    Web: www.WebSearchUSA.net
    Form 20062212 Page 1 of 2
    Date:
    Client #: .
    Package @
    Flat month to month fee
    Plus A One-Time Set-Up Fee Of
    1st Month Billing Total:
    Company Information
    Company Name:
    Business Address/Suite:
    City, State Zipcode:
    Business Phone:
    Business Fax:
    Cell Phone#
    URL:
    Email Address:
    Contact Person:
    Keyword Placement Information (for use by Web Search USA Only)
    Placement to be in Google Search Engine Grouping?
    􀀀 Yes 􀀀 No
    Placement to be in Yahoo Search Engine Grouping?
    􀀀 Yes 􀀀 No
    Placement to be in AOL?
    􀀀 Yes 􀀀 No
    Placement to be in MSN?
    􀀀 Yes 􀀀 No
    Search Engine Placement Order Form And Payment Authorization
    Payment Information
    Cardholders Name:
    Cardholders Billing Address/Suite:
    Cardholders Billing City, State Zipcode:
    Card Number:
    Expiration Date:
    Security Code:
    Account Rep:
    Terms and conditions of Search Engine Placement:
    As authorized by my firm I hereby give WEB SEARCH USA my approval to provide search engine placement package for My Company. I understand that my account will be charged for the appropriate monthly fees on a re-occurring basis until cancelled by me according to the package I have requested above. There will be no refunds on any placement/service already provided. A service charge of 1.5% per monthor 18% APR will be added to all overdue accounts, as well as all reasonable collection and attorney fees. I hereby give WEB SEARCH USA Permission to provide internet traffic to our corporate website at the URL provided.
    Please note:
    WEB SEARCH USA Orders may require 1-7 days for activation due to the review requirements.
    Cancellations must be made in writing (via email, fax or mail) at least 7 (seven) days prior to the due date.
    I have read and agree to the terms and conditions of the Web Search USA service agreement found at http://www.websearchusa.net/agreement.pdf, and confirm and approve this order for a search engine placement package to promote our company website. This service agreement may be faxed or mailed upon request. Please also note that this agreement shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with
    the laws of the State of California. Further, all disputes, controversies or claims arising or in connection
    with this agreement shall be litigated in any court of competent jurisdiction of the State of California only.
    The Parties accept the jurisdiction of this State and agree to accept service of process as if it were personally
    served within this State.
    Dated: ____________
    Authorized Signature: ___________________________________
    Cardholders Signature: ___________________________________
    Form 20062212 Page 2 of 2