Thread: Thanks To LCT For Covering Tampa Limousine Regulator Lawsuit

Default Thanks To LCT For Covering Tampa Limousine Regulator Lawsuit

http://www.lctmag.com/news/news-story.cfm?id=2877

LCT's Driving Force features a special report on my legal fight with Tampa's Regulator. I'd like to thank Martin for giving Luff the green light to put this article together.

I know this was a tough report for Jim to put together as the issue of law are complexed & there is limited space to try and condense it all together.

Main point that I find important is the comparison with California's fight to block a Tampa type regulation. As I have pointed out over the years, my fight & issues are no different than other fights that have occured in NY, Philly California etc..

Guess it's just I'm cut from their stock & Florida Operator's are cut from a different piece of wood.

Again, Thank You.........
    Last edited by gunny; August 14th, 2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: link
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Just got a copy of it in my email, good article, puts all the facts together. Lets hope it wakes some people up. I know Gunny has been working very hard to bring this to light. Keep up the fight!
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

It was a touchy, touchy article apparently. I am amused that HCPTC held a meeting yesterday and mention me by name during their meeting as well as LCT.

I don't know what kind of meeting it was but I do not at least one limo operator was present and called me to tell me so. He has his own battles with them and asked me to keep his name out of this mess but is going to provide me with a written document of his own woes with the HCPTC and since I started this as a continuing series, I am excited about round two of exposing this corrupt agency.

I was delighted to know that despite a failure to respond to my request I know they read what the rest of our industry read today. I also know that people from various associations also read it.

I was also told in the letter coming to me, it will chronicle and document what a joke the local associations are. I am not sure what that means and that is not my opinion - yet. I look forward to reporting why this statement was made and finding justification of why they did not help Gunny and why this operator who just contacted me recently dropped out as they failed to support him in his battle also.

Thanks Gunny to you. I have jumped in the pool head first!

p.s. - don't think we're not gonna find something else to argue about or become best friends over this! LOL
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    It was a touchy, touchy article apparently. I am amused that HCPTC held a meeting yesterday and mention me by name during their meeting as well as LCT.

I don't know what kind of meeting it was but I do not at least one limo operator was present and called me to tell me so. He has his own battles with them and asked me to keep his name out of this mess but is going to provide me with a written document of his own woes with the HCPTC and since I started this as a continuing series, I am excited about round two of exposing this corrupt agency.

I was delighted to know that despite a failure to respond to my request I know they read what the rest of our industry read today. I also know that people from various associations also read it.

I was also told in the letter coming to me, it will chronicle and document what a joke the local associations are. I am not sure what that means and that is not my opinion - yet. I look forward to reporting why this statement was made and finding justification of why they did not help Gunny and why this operator who just contacted me recently dropped out as they failed to support him in his battle also.

Thanks Gunny to you. I have jumped in the pool head first!

p.s. - don't think we're not gonna find something else to argue about or become best friends over this! LOL
    I'll always find something to beat you over the head with. I just can't beat on LCT any longer for not reporting the real deal in Fl. Not that I won't fly the BS Flag when it needs be.

I would expect nothing less from you. I sure did stir up a hornet's nest. Go look at Driving Force and the comments made. This is just a sample of what my mail has been like today - not to mention phone calls of pissed off Florida operators like Mike Wagoner in your own city and delighted operators who have repeatedly based the WFLA for their lack of support.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Default A Signature Limo Spring Hill Supports Tampa's Economic Regulation Of Consumers

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    I would expect nothing less from you. I sure did stir up a hornet's nest. Go look at Driving Force and the comments made. This is just a sample of what my mail has been like today - not to mention phone calls of pissed off Florida operators like Mike Wagoner in your own city and delighted operators who have repeatedly based the WFLA for their lack of support.
    That guy Wagoner, A Signature Limo, Spring Hill is "a typical" of operators here. They run their gums yet know jackshit about the laws. Farking Zombies.
    Last edited by gunny; October 24th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Awesome news, keep us informed.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

I'm not going to start a pizzing match on LCT's Driving force on comments made to Luff's article but. I will comment here.

1st, Luff gets called on the article by some Spring Hill Operator with claims its not factual. Well, the article is about a federal lawsuit brought against the Gestapo predicated on allegations that the Gestapo is violating laws. If there is to be a debate, read the farking laws & debate the farking laws.

Linda Moore is only partially right in her assessment that Operators don't want "state-wide permitting 'cause they paid big bucks for the local authority they hold. South Florida is a closed market. So if you want to run sedans, you need to lease or buy out an existing operation for big dollars. Orlando, Tampa, J'ville & the rest of the state are all nominal fees with the exception of anyone who "now" wants to obtain Tampa licensure.

So, it's a matter of economic protection for the small enclave in S Florida (including a NLA Director & Prez) or statewide regulation to ensure that every citizen climbing into a VFH is offered some protection that the vehicle & driver meets minimum safety standards.

WFLA Prez Dave Shaw made an appearance & validated that the state needs as one permit system to end multi-jurisdiction licensing but claims that it will cost too much in this economy to pay-off Talahassee. Well, Dave, what was the excuse 5 years ago when all were rolling in the big bucks. What was the excuse for not backing Senator Sebesta's plan for a Regional Agency? I was at the same ad hoc meeting as you. The one thing the PTC does not debate in the lawsuits is "safety". Want to know why? Because I have them by the balls due to rule 1.18 which allows IAMADRUGGIE Limo Operator to cruise all over Tampa unregulated as long as he picks up outside the county. IAMADRUGGIE will soon be in front of Judges (if the plural is a hint) & when they rule that 1.18 contravenes the law, no vehicle without an HCPTC permit will be allowed into Tampa. This includes a shit load of Pinellas taxi cabs who will riot for equal laws on the other side of the Bay.

Cool Dave Shaw is a nobody!

West Florida Livery Association President Dave Shaw is a nobody, he and the WFLA do not have any respect in the Tampa Bay area. Mr. Shaw does not even own a company, he works for an operator who threw him out years ago and he went back to kiss his ass. Mr. Shaw is a poor quality show, do not listen to anything coming from his direction or what few members the WFLA has managed to hold on to.
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib

Smile Closed Markets

Dealing with local markets that are closed has never been an NLA speciality. When I and others deregulated New Orleans, the NLA was on the wrong side of the battle. This has been the way it goes for a very long time. NLA Directors are like the Barons of olden tymes. Just because they are Directors doesn't mean that they know anything about the regulatory schemata of 50 states and the political subdivisions thereof. Why would they ? As a rule, they don't. They have local/regional expertise only, generally. I have been told that the DOT plans to regulate vehicles of all sizes going forward. In the meantime we are lumped with taxicabs in the vehicle for hire regulations in numerous city jurisdictions and lumped with buses in the state regulatory schematas. It was appropriate that LCT finally said something about Gunny's battle. Was this a fluke or will it continue ?

As the industry matures and operators become wiser
    Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    I'm not going to start a pizzing match on LCT's Driving force on comments made to Luff's article but. I will comment here.

1st, Luff gets called on the article by some Spring Hill Operator with claims its not factual. Well, the article is about a federal lawsuit brought against the Gestapo predicated on allegations that the Gestapo is violating laws. If there is to be a debate, read the farking laws & debate the farking laws.

Linda Moore is only partially right in her assessment that Operators don't want "state-wide permitting 'cause they paid big bucks for the local authority they hold. South Florida is a closed market. So if you want to run sedans, you need to lease or buy out an existing operation for big dollars. Orlando, Tampa, J'ville & the rest of the state are all nominal fees with the exception of anyone who "now" wants to obtain Tampa licensure.

So, it's a matter of economic protection for the small enclave in S Florida (including a NLA Director & Prez) or statewide regulation to ensure that every citizen climbing into a VFH is offered some protection that the vehicle & driver meets minimum safety standards.

WFLA Prez Dave Shaw made an appearance & validated that the state needs as one permit system to end multi-jurisdiction licensing but claims that it will cost too much in this economy to pay-off Talahassee. Well, Dave, what was the excuse 5 years ago when all were rolling in the big bucks. What was the excuse for not backing Senator Sebesta's plan for a Regional Agency? I was at the same ad hoc meeting as you. The one thing the PTC does not debate in the lawsuits is "safety". Want to know why? Because I have them by the balls due to rule 1.18 which allows IAMADRUGGIE Limo Operator to cruise all over Tampa unregulated as long as he picks up outside the county. IAMADRUGGIE will soon be in front of Judges (if the plural is a hint) & when they rule that 1.18 contravenes the law, no vehicle without an HCPTC permit will be allowed into Tampa. This includes a shit load of Pinellas taxi cabs who will riot for equal laws on the other side of the Bay.
    Last edited by Dean Schuler; September 12th, 2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Brevity
    Dean Schuler