Thread: Power in numbers!

Smile Power in numbers!

Senator Daniel Clodfelter was going to introduce a bill to charge sales tax on limousine service in North carolina. The NCLA heard about this, sent out a couple of mass mailings, banded together, and slammed his office with correspondence. This is from an email I just received:

NORTH CAROLINA Limousine Operators WON

No Taxes on Limousine Services

"I was politely asked today to CALL THE DOGS OFF, from the office of Sen. Daniel G. Clodfelter. The Senatorís office assures the NC limousine operators that there will be NO new Taxes on Limousine Services. Apparently their office has been slammed with phone calls, emails & faxes in support of NO Service/Sales Tax on Limousines. Thank you limousine companyís in NC and all over the nation with helping us to stop our State Government. As I promised the Senatorís office we will leave them alone (for now). Thank you again for making a difference in our state. Spread the word!"

Now this is what I'm talking about! This is what your state association can do for you!

(The mass emails were just sent out Thursday or Friday!)
    Last edited by PTLimoNC; July 20th, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
    Jerry Thomas

Hey, a recession is a great time to raise taxes! Why stop at limousine services??

Blog Entries

Good luck - you may need to unleash the dogs again soon if you state is in any financial mess like ours. Associations in our state filed lawsuits to try and stop the tax and it didn't work. If more people in your state pay attention to how much this little industry of ours can make them in tax, you better watch out because more than likely you won't be able to stop it.

It's a headache (to collect taxes) but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm sure our tax is here to stay. Lets face it - we are luxury service providers. With luxury & $$ come taxes.

*shrug*

Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; July 21st, 2009 at 07:26 AM.

Smile

Hey, don't rain on my parade!. Let us enjoy one victory while we can. LOL

Yeah, I do understand our battle is probably far from over. But, I do think this is a tremendous start.
    Jerry Thomas

Blog Entries

Jerry,

Sorry. I still have a sour taste in my mouth, LOL.

Jim

Thank-you!
    Lenora Bowman

Johnny B's Limousine Service
    Charlotte, NC
    We have the only Pink Escalade Limo in the Carolinas!
    www.limojohnny.com

Smile Letters

We typically solicit corporations to write letters for us. Very effective !!

Quote Originally Posted by PTLimoNC View Post
    Senator Daniel Clodfelter was going to introduce a bill to charge sales tax on limousine service in North carolina. The NCLA heard about this, sent out a couple of mass mailings, banded together, and slammed his office with correspondence. This is from an email I just received:

NORTH CAROLINA Limousine Operators WON

No Taxes on Limousine Services

"I was politely asked today to CALL THE DOGS OFF, from the office of Sen. Daniel G. Clodfelter. The Senatorís office assures the NC limousine operators that there will be NO new Taxes on Limousine Services. Apparently their office has been slammed with phone calls, emails & faxes in support of NO Service/Sales Tax on Limousines. Thank you limousine companyís in NC and all over the nation with helping us to stop our State Government. As I promised the Senatorís office we will leave them alone (for now). Thank you again for making a difference in our state. Spread the word!"

Now this is what I'm talking about! This is what your state association can do for you!

(The mass emails were just sent out Thursday or Friday!)
    Dean Schuler

Jerry

Congrats for now.