Thread: Alert / Hudson Group Livery Service Software

Default Alert / Hudson Group Livery Service Software

Has anyone here had experience or use Alert / Hudson Group livery software? We have had some discussions with them and they have a hosted solution which allows us to provide a full level of outsourced front and back office limo dispatch and reservations solutions. However we have never worked with them before nor has any of our staff or partners. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has or knows someone who has and if there are any comments, good or bad. I have had the first request from a company using them this week and we are just starting to investigate the product.
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    http://www.LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com
    Phone: 800.676.9095
    Limousine Business Process Outsourcing
    Reservations Center, Web Chat,Text/SMS
    Customer Care & Marketing Services

I believe that Windy City out of Chicago and Silver Oak out of Nashville/Little Rock use the software. I know at Windy City George Jacobs would not be the contact for that, but he should be able to help you with the right person. She is in the office next to his...and I cannot remember her name to save me. Becky maybe?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

There was a write up about those two working together with the software a couple of months ago in Limo Digest.
    Last edited by Cedar Mill Limousine; July 15th, 2009 at 05:27 AM.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Kurt if you want to expand your market you would be much better off going after Odyssey and Livery Coach users. I don't think there are but a handful that use Hudson Group. The last time I viewed Alert software I thought it was a joke. It looked like a program that my 10 year old son could write.

Wade -

Thanks for the input. This was a "prospect request" and out of courtesy as you know I always offer to check anything out. Since it is a hosted solution, we know we can easily access and utilize it. However I did not know anything about its capabilties, and even with a demo, that does not tell you how well it has been "accepted" into the limo community. Obviously as a limo dispatch and reservations service, LimoLive24.com is always looking for more ways we can improve our support. Having experience with Corporate Car Online and LimoAnywhere, GT3, ULS and FastTrak, we have seen a decent cross-seciton of the providers. But this one I had never heard of until I bumped into them at the last LCT show here in Las Vegas.

We tend to assume that only the largest companies are using GT3 and Livery Coach (which I understand was just sold by Dennis to his employees) and are not probably our target market. However I could be completely mistaken. I know that there are a lot of unique features to the two that are probably good reasons for a mid-size operator to take the plunge on cost. Our average company has about 400 - 900 trips per month and we have many that are doing only 30-50 trips but only a few that are over 900. FastTrak and ULS seem to be more the middle and lower size fleet / bookings per month club, more similar to LimoAnywhere and Corporate Car Online. LimoWiz is another one that seems to come up a lot with the smaller fleets / bookings per month operations and I have used it before although it has no remote access unless we set up a VPN. Any feedback in this area is of course, welcome. We are taking a look at exactly what support we can provide but can only accept a limited number of software systems in our center due to training and utilization limitations. Making the right choices is important.

I will take a look at the write up in Limo Digest. I might add that Limo Digest has been really great to work with so far. We have seen a substantial increase in inbound interest in our services since we started working with Richard Springer over there and running advertising. How well attended is the LD show vs. the LCT show in the east? Anyone have some input for us on that?

Thanks again gents. Sincerely appreciate the input. Best wishes to all for continued success!
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com

Kurt,

I use the ULS lite version for small company, but they do have a version for a large company. Call Robin over at ULS and talk to her. 281-807-7800

Thanks for the info on ULS limo software. They seem very similar as far as their market size in the limousine industry to FastTrak (although that is more of a guesstimate than anything else). Most of what we do is driven by what our member limo companies have as limo software and we haven't had any requests from prospects yet on them. I know when I looked at their software package about a year ago at LCT West, it seemed pretty comprehensive. Down side for us of course is that at least as of then, unlike LimoAnywhere and Corporate Car Online for example, we needed to use a VPN to set up remote access as it was client-server based. It certainly is time to check in with them again and see where they are with the product.
    Cheers,
    Kurt von Strasser
    kurt@LimoLive24.com
    LimoLive24.com

I'm new to the forum and didn't want to resurect a dead thread but this was the most recent thread that spoke of Odyssey Software. Does anyone know their status? I unserstand that the brand has switched hands a couple of times, and I'm not sure if it's still supported and running.

It is still supported through Global Ground Automation. www.globalground.com They still have the same president Gregg Tuccillo now owned by Reardon.