Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bridal Shows?

Never mind what I said earlier, feel free to take it personal, guys.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Cedar Mill Limousine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Ah shit! Another I am James Luff of As the Limo World Turns Bakersfield, I'm Right, You're Wrong thread
    LOL! Jim, your posts are often very demeaning in a girlie "did I do that??" kind of way. No sweat, it is what it is.
    Rich Rottier
    219.808.0976 | richrottier@gmail.com

Blog Entries

My info as to my company name is clearly in my public profile, and contact info. I haven't hid anything so I am not sure as to what the Heck you are talking about. Many people in here use a nickname and do not have contact info, I have not only my web-link, but my company name as well. As for being civil I think it is just not in your nature, no offense but as you yourself have posted in the past it is who you are. As far as the $10.00 goes maybe I should clear something up. $10.00 per. hour. per car this is a savings that people don't mind receiving. 4 hour rental 2 or 3 cars can add up, but we don't pay nearly $1000.00 for a spot at our bridal show. As far as taking your personal attitude I am a big boy and I think I can take it. My father was in this business long before me, and I never claim to know it all. I know my Market, and this thread was originally a question about wedding shows and what we think. Enough said. Jim Luff is a limo God and has been around this site for a while, Great that's good, I have only been with this site for a little while. I usually never attack personally and I did not intend to get sucked into one of these dumb @ss litttle girl he said she said session's. The cheeze comment was really clever, I got your jab. I didn't mean to offend just state my position. My apologies to all involved, I am not looking to pick a fight, but if this is a equal place to give an opinion then why are there all these conflicts and personal attacks against fellow Brothers. (case being The Limo Rep). a safe place to hide and puss out!

As to threads that were deleted, it was once and it was in reference to a beef with JWD Limousine that was finaly resolved in a professional manner by Warren. Now as far as calling me names and having YOU check my crediability or wanting "respect" from you, get over yourself. I have been involved in the limousine industry on my own for over Twenty years and grew up with my Father who was in this business long before there was any NLA or LCT or YOU.
    Last edited by MrQ45Limo; July 10th, 2009 at 07:18 AM.

Weddings are a big part of our business so we looked at bridal shows again this year and decided not to attend, we ran an offer in the local newspaper's bi-monthly wedding section with our Rolls Royce for a free airport transfer by sedan for the honeymoon and this worked well for us, but the trend here at the moment is last minute bookings, this time last year we had over 35 bookings for this year for the Rolls , at the moment we have 3 for next year. A guy rang me last Thursday and said he was getting married the next day and wanted a vintage car, this is the new reality of our business we our marketing has to change.
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

Anyways back to the real discussion about Bridal shows...

I went to two, the largest show in town. Our cost was $1500 per show (1 show in 2 different years). We had 1 hummer limo and 1 escalade limo inside on the showroom floor. the first show was a success and I cant remember exactly how much but I remember we booked more in bookings that day than the show costs. The 2nd year we only booked one wedding that day for $750 plus tax/tip and we didnt go back the next year. Now sure some people called after and MIGHT have booked but I'm thinking about going again now though...
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

The reply about funeral transportation interests me. Do the homes in your area have there own funeral cars and you add on or do they sub out due to them not having cars? I am looking for every avenue to get into and it seems that the majority of the funeral homes in my area have the funeral cars already. any insight on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chances are they are paying more in upkeep, payments, insurance etc. on those cars than you would charge them. The cars work a limited amount of hours in each day. They have Sunday's off. Best bet, go visit the funeral directors and start by trying to get overflow work. It is quite frequent that people need more limo seats than the funeral home car will carry and there is your foot in the door.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

I have found wedding shows to be a waste of time. It seems the majority of the brides are just site seeing and the ones who usually spend the money for a limo have wedding planners who call us anyways and these are not the type of brides that attend the wedding shows.

We have done 2 large wedding shows at $400 each and have only generated 1 or 2 runs from each. We hand out hundreds of flyers at each show with a free hour coupon and a code that lets us know it came from the wedding show. Each of these shows we take 2 limos and staff each to explain features and hand out cards and flyers.

I have personally been at both shows and 80% of all the brides ask about prices and mention they want a one hour transfer Saturday night at 6:00pm, something we do not offer. I think if you wanted to book a bunch of one hour transfers the wedding show would be a great place to go.

Oh and if you still think it might be a good idea, make sure to avoid any wedding show in the December to January time frame, because all of the brides will be looking for 1-3 hours trips on Saturday night during prom season. Over all I see the wedding shows as a waste of time after you account for your time, limo downtime, and cost of the show the ROI doesn’t add up.
    Daytona Limos
    Daytona Beach Limo Service
    Nationwide 800-296-1990
    Need limo service outside of Daytona Beach?
    Palm Coast Limo
    Orlando Limo
    Jacksonville Limo
    Daytona Limo
    Palatka Limo
    Titusville Limo
    Palm Coast Limousines

Senior Member Limo Padawan

I definitely think $1,000 is a decent price for a one-day bridal show - depending upon how many actual brides show up - something the show sponsors should be able to tell you if the show has been going on for a respectable length of time.

You invest $1,000 (plus time, effort, marketing materials, etc.) but you know going in that almost every young lady that walks through the door is a pre-qualified lead. Talk about a strong potential "hit ratio"! There aren't many other advertising/marketing opportunities out there that hit a 100% target audience!

Keep your expectations where they should be . . . don't judge your success on how many bookings you get - judge your success on how many qualified leads you get that you can convert. Then work on converting the "brides into rides". (I just came up with that on the fly!)

Like in the other similar thread . . . go to some shows . . . make friends with bakers, gown shops, etc. and you should be well on your way to some serious bridal sales.
    TCLG

Ok guys, here's what you do. Get a great talking girl to go to a wedding show with you as your "fiance". Walk around and mingle and make sure to bring a lot of cards. As long as you're not standing in front of another limo companies table, you should be ok. I've never done it, but I know it would work and it would be a cheap investment of time. Or if you're single like me, you might wanna say the bride is your sister and you're just helping her with her wedding.
    Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Limo Kings Limousine Service
    www.limokings.net

Senior Member Limo Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by brandon1 View Post
    $1,000? is that how much a booth costs? ive personally never been to one but was thinking about just sending someone there to talk to people and hand out cards, would cost more close to $50-100.
    This is just me, but if I were the show manager and somebody tried to circumvent my show fees and walk through the crowd distributing business cards, I think I'd seriously consider them to be trespassers and act accordingly.

Then, I'd make sure that if/when they called to legitimately participate in the next show that we would have just "run out" of booth spaces for transportation companies.

But like I said . . . . that's just me.
    TCLG