Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top pep peeves

Default Top pep peeves

Hi, I am new to the forum. I thought that my first post would hopefully be useful in the future. I recently came across an article on Yahoo about flight attendant pep peeves concerning passengers and being that we are in a similar industry, why not create our own list that would hopefully come out somewhere in the future. Any interesting stories?

On the side note I would like to get any input for my new website http://www.allviplimo.com I had the site for a while and decided to redesign and have some work done to it.

Thank you

Blog Entries

Welcome home !!

Peeves... feet on the bars and clients slamming my doors because they can't wait on me to get back there quick enough.

Senior Member Limo Padawan Dave M's Avatar

Default The Water

Clients who take a minuscule sip out of the FIJI water just to see what it tastes like.

Customers who agree a price for a point run then call to say the pick up has moved to a location 20 miles away and expect the price to be the same..
    Myles Flood
    Limos for Less
    www.lflcs.com
    www.limosforless.ie
    Dublin's Award Winning Limousine Service.

Customers that say they will pay cash for the 4% cash discount and at the last minute decide they will use their cc, and than go on and on and on for 1/2 hour til we just give them the price

ustomers that say they want point to point and then after there in the car tell the driver they need to make a few stops.

customers that pass wind after a long flight an think we wont notice

another annoying thing is when the customer looks everything up on there own gps an than flys into ord and start telling our driver thus and such not realizing the travel times his gps gave him were for none rush hour, etc
    Last edited by MarkRi; June 22nd, 2009 at 04:55 AM.

I agree with everyone- feet on bars, tiny sip of water! I hate it when the whole way home they debate whether or not they are going to puke- but very glad when they don't. (Stresses me out!) people playing with all the buttons- up, down, up, down- I turn off the master switch....generally though, my biggest pet peeve is other limo owners who give such horrible service/product that the client second guesses everything I do or say because they have been burned soooo badly. Jerks.
    Lenora Bowman

Johnny B's Limousine Service
    Charlotte, NC
    We have the only Pink Escalade Limo in the Carolinas!
    www.limojohnny.com

people doing the dirty dirty in the limos......blaaah

people who call and argue that you shouldnt charge them for the time they arent in the vehicle while you're waiting. people who complain your vehicle doesnt seat as many as you say even though they are obviously obese.

I hate when there are two people in the car and they so happen to dirty 12 glasses on a 5 mile transfer!

Quote Originally Posted by River Parish Limousines View Post
    I hate when there are two people in the car and they so happen to dirty 12 glasses on a 5 mile transfer!

so true!

Other limo companies quoting dirt cheap prices and I eventually have to lower prices as because you dont want to be the most expensive out of 50 companies. So many companies are renting cars out for dirt dirt cheap cheap money. There is a company near me that has 1 limo a cadillac escalade limo seating 20 people renting it out for weddings at $80 an hour with only a 3 hour minimum and $60 an hour for night outs! That is about 1/3rd of my price. I cant see them making any money at all. When tires cost $1,000 and regular maintance, how do they pay for anything?

Thats only 1 company, but there are 20 little mom and pop "companies" like that. And you guys know how many people are "shopping around for the cheapest price" right now, I really hate that. Way too many people looking for the cheapest price which is hurting our industry.
    Last edited by First Class Limos; June 22nd, 2009 at 01:53 PM.
    I offer Search engine optimization for Limo Companies. Our main limo website has had over 9.6 million hits. Some of my clients: www.FirstClassLimos.net Rome Tours Tours in Rome Limo Service Philadelphia www.PartyBusToledo.com

Call us at 1-888-51-LIMOS (54667) For referral work in Cleveland Ohio, Columbus, Toledo, & Pittsburgh PA and all cities in between - over 15,000+ customers and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by First Class Limos View Post
    Other limo companies quoting dirt cheap prices and I eventually have to lower prices as because you dont want to be the most expensive out of 50 companies. So many companies are renting cars out for dirt dirt cheap cheap money. There is a company near me that has 1 limo a cadillac escalade limo seating 20 people renting it out for weddings at $80 an hour with only a 3 hour minimum and $60 an hour for night outs! That is about 1/3rd of my price. I cant see them making any money at all. When tires cost $1,000 and regular maintance, how do they pay for anything?

Thats only 1 company, but there are 20 little mom and pop "companies" like that. And you guys know how many people are "shopping around for the cheapest price" right now, I really hate that. Way too many people looking for the cheapest price which is hurting our industry.
    theres only like 10 in nashville that do the same...oh well.

Cry-babies who have no idea what toughing it out means.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Talking National Limousine Association

Board members who only go to the LCT Show. If they really represent the industry they need to be at many Shows. What did Randy Newman sing about "short people" ?

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Cry-babies who have no idea what toughing it out means.
    Dean Schuler

Let me see....just off the top of my head:

1. Panties and /or bras crammed down the seat crevices or into bins and cup holders. (Note this only includes panties size 10 and larger and bras size 34-B and smaller.)

2. DNA of any description in or on the limousines; this includes the chauffeur’s area.

3. Clients who don't know, or as is more often the case, pretend not to know the appropriate percentage to tip the chauffeurs

4. Clients who think the quote will change if they ask about the price either more loudly, or repeatedly.

5. The fact that cars almost never break down empty of clients, in the lot, or in front a mechanic’s shop.

6. The fact that the same guy who was buying $800 hammers and $1500 toilet seats for the military is now apparently setting prices on limousine replacement parts.

7. "The guy/company down the street." According to many callers, he always has a lower price, offers a better deal, never charges for overtime, allows smoking in the cars, will let the kids drink if their parents are there, blah blah blah....

8. Drunk rich people. Undoubtedly the biggest a-holes on God's green Earth. (We are talking "new money" here. Old-money people have their own chauffeurs and cars, and so don't need us, plus most of them were brought up in a time when manners still mattered, no matter who you were.)

9. DOT Audits, a necessary evil, but still like inoculation day at school.

10. People who think limousines and chauffeured cars are not subject to the laws of physics, and delays caused by traffic.

11. I love a nice dusting of glitter on a stripper, but the last time I checked, my 120s can't work a brass pole.

12. Idiots who think that because they chartered a limo for three hours, it is "theirs" to do with as they wish during that timeframe. You gotta wonder what these jerks must do to a hotel room.

13. Anyone who thinks their time is more valuable than mine.

14. Any group that drinks enough to start acting like a bunch of college kids away from home experiencing their first Rush Week, oh ya, also hate college kids away from home experiencing their first Rush Week.

Of course, they all get the same first class treatment once they get into one of my cars, like them or not.