Thread: NLA numbers down

Default NLA numbers down

http://www.lctmag.com/news/news-story.cfm?id=2813

The good news is, they are not as bad as NLA thought they would be!!!

WTF?
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

As much as the NLA hopes that all who have not renewed are out of business, a simple fact is that there are those who find no benefit in contributing to the Cartels war chest .

What I do find amusing is Aventura Worldwides 02/09 press release of Sorci being annointed Prez of the NLA:

"Founded in 1985, the National Limousine Association with over 2,500 members, is a .............."

And here we have LCT running a count of:

"1896 down 250"

Do the math.
    Last edited by gunny; June 21st, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Member Limo Padawan AClassLuxuryLimos's Avatar

I have to be honest....
    I would have joined this year too but budget was tight.
    When I spoke to the NLA rep that called me " I asked if the NLA had a payment plan "
    she mention that many of the Limousine companies that she had talked to had asked the same question. She mention that her renewal percentage was low for the week.
    Jorvin R.
    A Class Luxury Limousine Service
    www.aclassluxurylimos.com
    San Antonio, TX

i renewed for both my nla and lanj.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    As much as the NLA hopes that all who have not renewed are out of business, a simple fact is that there are those who find no benefit in contributing to the Cartels war chest .

What I do find amusing is Aventura Worldwides 02/09 press release of Sorci being annointed Prez of the NLA:

"Founded in 1985, the National Limousine Association with over 2,500 members, is a .............."

And here we have LCT running a count of:

"1896 down 250"

Do the math.

That would be our situation.

We were proud to be members; it just got to be an unnecessary expense.

Our local association, the Maryland Limousine Association is more fertile ground, so we will spend the NLA membership money to support our local association and its efforts instead, as they bend over backwards to help every member, regardless of size or time in business.

Quote Originally Posted by Salicete View Post
    That would be our situation.

We were proud to be members; it just got to be an unnecessary expense.

Our local association, the Maryland Limousine Association is more fertile ground, so we will spend the NLA membership money to support our local association and its efforts instead, as they bend over backwards to help every member, regardless of size or time in business.
    There are noteworthy state/local associations spattered across the States that should be supported.

There are also those which are no more than festering sores ala NLA.

Talking with a Tampa Operator yesterday, he voiced the dismay of the lack of participation of other Operators in the regulatory process whereas the parasites are the only one's who care to appear at monthly PTC meetings. These Operators are equally frustrated when their operating expenses rise because of actions of the parasites.

Bottom line, everyone should join the local associations & where needed, conduct a coup & kick the parasites to the curb. Local regulatory abuse has worsened over the years & in many instances is supported by the cartel in their backyard. Not hard for an Miami's Aventura to build a count of approximately 150 IC's when the sedan market entry is closed. Or, despite the hot winded bellowing of Houston's association prez, the taxicabs call the shots.

The NLA does not have a uniformed national platform & is not part of any local equation that is not approved by the minority Cartel.
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill