Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertising Pictures

Default Advertising Pictures

I recieved a local value pak today and noticed a local company who advertises in it using fals pictures. I know he doesnt have any lincoln town cars or stretches personally. I have also noticed a few other companies locally who advertise that they run towncars but they dont. They all have grand marquis which vary in years and colors.
    When I advertise I use a stock image white towncar which I have. I wont even use a black car because i dont offer it. Eventually when I replace it I will advertise we run black vehicles. I dont use my personal fllet pics because they are not good enough in my eyes. I dont even have them up on my website. That is also because I haven't had time to finish it.

My question is why dont people use there real cars in advertising. Wouldn't you want to show off your fleet and be proud of it.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    Westfield Limousine Service Inc.
    www.westfieldlimo.com
    ckuritz@westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

This is just my opinion. What is the big deal? Who cares? Worry about your fleet and not what Joe Schmuck down the street is advertising. Maybe that company did not have any quality photos to be able to put in the advertisement and that is what the ad agency put in there. Who knows?

Do all black car services have black cars? NO! Is a black car service, by legal definition required to run black cars? NO!!!!

"The "yellow cab" takes street hails; the "black car" does not. Many executives have used a "black car" service, if only to the airport. The color of the vehicle is usually black, but it need not be. The term "black car" began to be used regularly by the Taxi & Limousine Commission in the early 1980s."

The whole color thing is overblown anyhow. I am glad I don't worry about that crap.

Sorry Charles I am not unloading on you personally - I am just getting sick of reading all the whining about stock images, putting this car on your website or that car. Who gives a flying squirrel? If you guys are worrying about crap like this instead of your own business then you really have issues. Don't you have better things to worry about? I know I do. I know I have whined in the past about low balling but I am done with that.

Try focusing on what you can do to improve instead of beachin' about a Val-Pak advertisement (not your target market anyhow, is it? Just chuckle and move on!)

**Vent off**
    Last edited by Jim30; June 17th, 2009 at 06:32 AM.

i agree with jim, who cares what they are doing. i think everyone should use their own pictures and not any stock pictures simply because consumers are smart now a days and can spot fakes.

I agree with both of you guys I know I shouldn't worry about. It irritates me because I spent the money to go out and buy top notxh vehicles and there pushing beaters. I can't keep up with them sending out coupons lowballing my prices when I feel the customer is getting a great deal. We have been busy through everything that has been going on with the economy so I am happy about that. I just wanted to vent also.

I always wonder why people pick one company over another. What have I done wrong. I worry about these things because my heart and soul are in this business. I just want to be sucessful.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

I'm stuck between both parties on this one. A local competitor has "stock images" on his site of 4 vehicles plus real pics of his Navi, the thing is is that the Navi is the ONLY car that he has. He claims that he did this to draw more calls and tries to get people to go for the Navi instead of the other cars, claiming that the other cars are already reserved for that day. This makes him look like a larger company and appear busier than he really is. Good statagy, I guess, but I see it as false advertisement.

I have also seen competitors use stock images of new Lincoln stretch limousines but in reality have older cars with less options, I feel that this is totally wrong. When most people book by looking at website pics and the car they thought they were getting doesn't show I can see where they would NOT be happy. I have had people call and specifically ask if the car on the site IS the car they will get because they have been burned before on not getting what they thought was coming.

Catch-22 ??

I prefer legit pictures. They put your customer at ease. They can look as professional as stock pics.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Scott View Post
    I prefer legit pictures. They put your customer at ease. They can look as professional as stock pics.
    The one picture on your site of all the cars looks amazing.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Quote Originally Posted by wflimonj View Post
    It irritates me because I spent the money to go out and buy top notxh vehicles and there pushing beaters. I can't keep up with them sending out coupons lowballing my prices when I feel the customer is getting a great deal. .
    Why should this irritate you? Not everyone can afford top notch limo service and the one's running older cars at a lower cost is filling a demand that pricier operations cannot.

Just like buying a suit or eating out. Should an upscale steakhouse worry about the Outback down the road?
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Why should this irritate you? Not everyone can afford top notch limo service and the one's running older cars at a lower cost is filling a demand that pricier operations cannot.

Just like buying a suit or eating out. Should an upscale steakhouse worry about the Outback down the road?
    You are 100 percent correct gunny. Maybe its just a pet pieve of mine. I have a view of what the industry should be.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Jim, loved your comments. I too think the whole color thing is sooooo overrated. You planning on riding on the hood? Once you get IN the car, they are all the same.

As for the photo thing, I use both but my reason for using stock clip art is I don't have time to take photos of my fleet, all the cars are never here at one time, to get all the cars to a good location for photos would be very expensive, clip art is done by professional photographers to accomplish our goal.

A towncar is a towncar is a towncar. Mine is black. If I show a black town car it is the same as your black town car.

So, who gives a flying squirrel???? Right!

And, by the way, in my city, it can be 115 degrees in July. A black towncar interior will easily soar to 180 degrees then minute you turn it off. A white town car will go to about 160 degrees and cools off much faster. I try to tell staunchy, stuffy people this but they get too caught up in their little ego and can't take anything but black.

I sometimes want to tell the chauffeurs to turn the A/C off on the way to the pick up location and then comment about "damned balck cars in the summer" but of course we can't do that.
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Jim, In the past I have always bought new Livery vehicles, stretch or sedans. In the past 2 years I have come to accept that one can buy a nice clean used stretch for a hell of a lot less, just like buying a normal car and save a tremendous amount of cash. The average client does not know the difference if it is a couple of years old, and the new one will not make any more than a used one.

My point is if you are looking to buy a nice late model, low mileage LTC L sedan, the difference between a used black versus white is substantial. Not to mention it is highly unlikely that it would have ever been used commercially. I personally like a white sedan. Not only is it a lot easier to cool, it is a hell of a lot easied to keep clean. I am thinking my next sedan will be white. I think for the most part, with the exception of affiliate farm in work, most people would care less of the color. Although I will always keep at least one black sedan.
    Dan Repass
    Celebrity & BOSS Limousine
    Lexington, KY
    859-255-LIMO
    www.255LIMO.COM

I'm a big fan of white cars. Not white but the pearl white. It looks amazing freshly washed but sucks to keep clean. Plus they don't make the LTC in white anymore. Plus the interior options stink also.

It works great with me for name recognition. "Your charlie with the white escalade."
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Ah, if only we could change the face of the industry with these thoughts. Black is a pain in the ass that provides no better ride than white - or any other color for that matter. A ridiculous issue and truthfully, I believe it was industry driven - not customer driven.

The majority of passengers don't care
    Jim A. Luff
    Forum Moderator
    Contributing Editor & Consultant - LCT Magazine

Limousine Scene - An Award Winning Company Since 1990
    Bakersfield, CA
    Limousines, Sedans, Vans, Charter Buses, Limo-Buses, Wheelchair Vans www.limousinescene.com

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Scene View Post
    Ah, if only we could change the face of the industry with these thoughts. Black is a pain in the ass that provides no better ride than white - or any other color for that matter. A ridiculous issue and truthfully, I believe it was industry driven - not customer driven.

The majority of passengers don't care
    I remeber when you made the comment about my cars stick out like. bird shit in a sea of black cars. I printed it and it sits in my office. I still laugh when I see it.
    President
    Charles A. Kuritz
    www.westfieldlimo.com

Blog Entries

I just got a smokin deal 2 months ago on a...Ice Blue Towncar that had 32K miles on it when we bought it.

Pics are in my profile. I slapped some tint on the back 2 windows and it has not stopped working since.

We do lots of leisure travel in and out of Niagara Falls so to them I don't think color matters.

We do many trips with business people traveling in and out of Toronto and have not had one negative comment on the car since we purchased it. In fact, just the opposite, customers commenting on what a great ride it is. It was part of an estate sale so we were at the right place at the right time - it just so happens this car matches our company colors!

I also wanted to get an L series but I cannot justify the added expense for the work we do, as mentioned above.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim30; June 17th, 2009 at 08:52 PM.