Thread: Software Inventory

With a view toward seeing whether we can start to say things in an organized and accurate fashion about software available to limousine operators, let's see if we can get an inventory of available software packages. Here's a starter list, divided into DOS-based and MS-Windows-based software (or both). Please add or subtract based on your experience. Purpose here is to see if we can attract the developers to announce upgrades on limos.com, and perhaps engage in dialog about their programs.

Windows-based:
    LimoWiz 5.1
    FastTRAK
    Livery Coach
    Blue Nexus
    EasyTrip
    Surfside
    LMS Gold (for windows - did this ever happen or is it still vaporware?)
    TripTracker
    E-Service Pro (is this still around?)
    Cantab

DOS-Based:
    EasyTrip
    Limoware
    LMS Gold (for DOS)
    LimoMagic
    Limosys

I did this from memory and it is likely not exhaustive, plus I may have miscategorized one or more of these titles, or failed to note that a particular developer may offer only one, or both, DOS and/or Windows titles.

How about you developers responding - have I got these right? Are there more? Have any of these gone to the great software graveyard in the sky? Perhaps once we get a fix on the titles that are out there we can develop a list of what each title does and does not do, looking toward evaluating how it does or does not do what it does.

Have at it folks!

James H. Joseph
    Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

[This message was edited by JHJ on October 06, 2001 at 09:25 PM.]

This being the year 2001, buying a DOS based program is just stoopid! DOS will most likely disappear very soon.

I owned and used Limosys, (for about a month)...it was very weak, but i was told if i kept pumping money into upgrades, it would get better! riiiiigghhhtt...

Here's a revised list based on what appears to be in the marketplace at this time. Anybody have any changes or additions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JHJ:
    With a view toward seeing whether we can start to say things in an organized and accurate fashion about software available to limousine operators, let's see if we can get an inventory of available software packages. Here's a starter list, divided into DOS-based and MS-Windows-based software (or both). Please add or subtract based on your experience. Purpose here is to see if we can attract the developers to announce upgrades on limos.com, and perhaps engage in dialog about their programs.

Windows-based:
    LimoWiz 5.1
    FastTRAK
    Livery Coach
    LimoNexus (Blue Nexus)
    EasyTrip
    Surfside
    LMS Gold (for windows - did this ever happen or is it still vaporware?)
    TripTracker
    Tran-Star (E-Servicepro)
    Cantab
    ALERT 5.0 (claims to be windows-based, not verified)

DOS-Based:
    EasyTrip
    Limoware
    LMS Gold (for DOS)
    LimoMagic
    Limosys
    CARS

I did this from memory and it is likely not exhaustive, plus I may have miscategorized one or more of these titles, or failed to note that a particular developer may offer only one, or both, DOS and/or Windows titles.

How about you developers responding - have I got these right? Are there more? Have any of these gone to the great software graveyard in the sky? Perhaps once we get a fix on the titles that are out there we can develop a list of what each title does and does not do, looking toward evaluating how it does or does not do what it does.

Have at it folks!

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com)

[This message was edited by JHJ on October 06, 2001 at 09:25 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

Although it is a internet based software program I think it still need to be included in the list. It claims to support invoicing. Have not demoed it yet so i really could not comment on quality.

Corporate Cars Online

http://www.corporatecaronline.com/

Steve Walker
    steve@capriceshop.com

CorporateCarOnline is interested in allowing the end user to assist in our development and design of our programs and welcome the input of our customers. We have made numerous enhancements over the last year alone from request from our customers.