Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The NLA Hard at work for its' members..

Junior Member Limo Padawan

Thumbs up The NLA Hard at work for its' members..

I just returned from Washington DC after spending a few days with the NLA and its' members. The NLA had its' annual day on the hill. The turnout was great. Members from all over the USA including international members were represented. It was a good feeling seeing the industry working hard and promoting the voice of the transportation industry in Washington. Many meetings were set up with representatives to hear about the Ride Act, the gas guzzler tax and other related issues. Now members must wait to see if the politicians will listen to what the industry was telling them.
    Kudos to the NLA and its' members for presenting their issues to our government leaders.
    Arthur Messina
    Founder - President
    arthur@createacardinc.com

Create-A-Card, Inc.
    WWW.LIMOCARDS.COM

Yes, a great big round of applause to the NLA for hitting DC & fighting for the rights of Operators.

RIDE Act Part Deux because they blew it the 1st time around as with the "whaaaa" it's unfair gas guzzler on luxury car fiasco.

In the meantime, back at the ranch............
    Airport Limo Service Spring Hill, Brooksville, Citrus County FL
    http://gunnysairportlimo.com/tampa_a...ce_spring_hill

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Messina View Post
    I just returned from Washington DC after spending a few days with the NLA and its' members. The NLA had its' annual day on the hill. The turnout was great. Members from all over the USA including international members were represented. It was a good feeling seeing the industry working hard and promoting the voice of the transportation industry in Washington. Many meetings were set up with representatives to hear about the Ride Act, the gas guzzler tax and other related issues. Now members must wait to see if the politicians will listen to what the industry was telling them.
    Kudos to the NLA and its' members for presenting their issues to our government leaders.
    All I have to say is:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Yes, a great big round of applause to the NLA for hitting DC & fighting for the rights of Operators.

RIDE Act Part Deux because they blew it the 1st time around as with the "whaaaa" it's unfair gas guzzler on luxury car fiasco.

In the meantime, back at the ranch............

Part Deux is not even close. More like a couple day trip to DC to hang out eat some good food and be seen!! They go up to the hill every year and just hand out the previous talking points and nothing changes. Pretty sad.
    I want to die while asleep like my grandfather,
    not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    Part Deux is not even close. More like a couple day trip to DC to hang out eat some good food and be seen!! They go up to the hill every year and just hand out the previous talking points and nothing changes. Pretty sad.
    You forgot something LW.

Photo Op with mugshots in, ta da!, LCT Magazine!!!

My bad, sorry just got back from driving a box truck to NC unloading it and coming back the next day, I am a bit tired.

So will Arthur's next business card have him and Nancy Pelosi in a warm embrace?

Quote Originally Posted by Limo Wire View Post
    My bad, sorry just got back from driving a box truck to NC unloading it and coming back the next day, I am a bit tired.

So will Arthur's next business card have him and Nancy Pelosi in a warm embrace?
    Speaking of biz cards.

Moons ago when I was a pup in this biz. The Boss took a 120 white to an AP out east by the Hamptons. A Pro shot night photos of the stretch on the runway with the runway lights reflecting off the car... very cool.

The Boss provides the photo to an up and coming promo biz at the time I believe out of St James, to make X amount of biz cards. When the cards came in the Boss's Dad, an advertising man, checks out the cards. He promptly gets on the phone & calls the producer & tells him to take all the cards back & re-do them minus the producers biz name on the back of the cards.

Any guess who that was?
    Last edited by gunny; June 11th, 2009 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Speaking of biz cards.

Moons ago when I was a pup in this biz. The Boss took a 120 white to an AP out east by the Hamptons. A Pro shot night photos of the stretch on the runway with the runway lights reflecting off the car... very cool.

The Boss provides the photo to an up and coming promo biz at the time I believe out of St James, to make X amount of biz cards. When the cards came in the Boss's Dad, an advertising man, checks out the cards. He promptly gets on the phone & calls the producer & tells him to take all the cards back & re-do them minus the producers biz name on the back of the cards.

Any guess who that was?

Hmmmmmm, I wonder who that would have been?

Default Hysterical

Having a convo with an NLA airhead:

NLA: The NLA fights for the Industry & in fact just wrapped up 3 days in Wash D.C.

Me: So, what did they do in D.C.?

NLA: They lobbied for the RIDE Act and Gas Guzzler Tax reform

Me: Ride Act? I was under the impression the NLA & TLPA wrapped that up in 2001 or something. It's law, no one can charge limos fees while providing interstate transportation.

NLA: Well, they are charging.

Me: Who is charging?

NLA: Airports are charging fees and breaking the law.

Me: Give me an example, what airports?

NLA: Miami for one.

Me: So what you are saying is that Miami is charging fees to Operators outside the state who need to drive to Miami, load their arriving passengers for transport to Georgia, Alabama or somewhere else?

NLA: No, the airport is charging Miami Operators and that violates the RIDE Act.

Me: You do understand the RIDE Act protects Interstate Motor Carriers not Intrastate Motor Carriers?

NLA: Yeah????

Me: So how is what Miami airport doing deemed a violation of the RIDE Act?

NLA: Because that is what the NLA says.

Hold on let me read to you my talking points, wait, I know it is here, the Ride Act is, airports are bad wait I can find it

Gunny, I can tell you one airport that is charging fees for Interstate travel for real interstate travel that is being completed on a regular basis...Kansas City. And for me to pay this, I must go and buy coupons in advance and between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm except for about 11:30-12:30 where the only person that has the ability to sell these things is out to lunch. Then there are the days that she is sick or on vacation or has a doctor's appt and they just close the office...or when she decides to show up an hour late so I am stuck sitting there holding my (put in what you like here) while waiting for her to show up. Now...doesn't that suck?
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Quote Originally Posted by BLVD Limo View Post
    Gunny, I can tell you one airport that is charging fees for Interstate travel for real interstate travel that is being completed on a regular basis...Kansas City. And for me to pay this, I must go and buy coupons in advance and between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm except for about 11:30-12:30 where the only person that has the ability to sell these things is out to lunch. Then there are the days that she is sick or on vacation or has a doctor's appt and they just close the office...or when she decides to show up an hour late so I am stuck sitting there holding my (put in what you like here) while waiting for her to show up. Now...doesn't that suck?
    They will get away with whatever motor carriers allow them to get away with.

Day on the Hill so easy a caveman could it
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is my high school graduation picture!! Where did you get that??? Luckily, since I have had some laser hair removal. It isn't such a big deal anymore.
    Tim Wiegman, Jr.
    Boulevard Limousine
    Travel Confidently!
    Serving Kansas City, Lawrence, Topeka
    http://www.BoulevardLimoKC.com - Kansas City Limos
    KC Airport Car Service

Thumbs down Cry babies!

Instead of crying, the NLA should spend a few dollars and file a federal lawsuit against the airport caught violating the RIDE Act.
    Moshe.
    Put Pimpin Kevin White in Jail, Abolishing the HCPTC.
    Moshe Leib