PDA

View Full Version : The value of specialty vehicles?

July 30th, 2001, 09:12 AM
I am about to start out a Limo business in the Northern CA wine country. I have two classic Rolls Royce Limo's that I am planning to use. I am planning to focus on Weddings and winery tours. Do you think that I am limiting myself with such specialized vehicles, and for specialized purposes? My goal is to be selective and not participate in the standard corporate or airport limo services? My only concern is that will I generate enough income to offset the insurance and repair of the vehicles. Any insight would be appreciated.

Chuck http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

August 8th, 2001, 03:54 PM
Hello

If you own your cars and the up keep is not going to be bad, then I think you can do it.

Does your region have many weddings? Check your county court house. Check to see if there are any wedding shows or local publications that would give you an instant pool of customers.

I started with three cars in Austin TX and I have done well so far. If I had cars that I was not building and improving, then I might have turned a slight profit my first year. My only problem was STORAGE, RENT, AND drivers - $$$$$$$. But if you have a place to store them and enough good reliable friend I believe two cars could do it nicely. Take in consideration FRI and SAT will be the only day you will have income. DO the math and you have about 10 hours a car max per weekend to make money.

Check your local insurance companies and the local permitting agencies to get a better idea of how much it costs

Good luck
Sam