PDA

View Full Version : Limo Cleaning

September 29th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Obviously depending on your facility limo cleaning can be simple or more complex. A company that is large enought to have their own garage with cleaning facilities is the ideal choice. How do smaller operators handle this task? I would presume that keeping the cars covered will go a long way towards minimizing dust build-up in between runs. For those of you who have 3-5 vehicles, how do you manage your cleaning routine. Do you go to a normal do-it-yourself carwash? Is it the driver's responsibility? (And if so, what about getting his uniform dirty?). Should the vehicle be washed after a job if it got dirty? Or only worry about cleaning before a run?

September 29th, 2002, 06:21 AM
we would have the driver run the car through the automatic car wash, vacuum and clean the inside glass daily.

Additionally, we would have an outside service come in twice a month to detail the cars inside & out.

We still have the same requiremants for the drivers, but have an in-house person do the detailing weekly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
Obviously depending on your facility limo cleaning can be simple or more complex. A company that is large enought to have their own garage with cleaning facilities is the ideal choice. How do smaller operators handle this task? I would presume that keeping the cars covered will go a long way towards minimizing dust build-up in between runs. For those of you who have 3-5 vehicles, how do you manage your cleaning routine. Do you go to a normal do-it-yourself carwash? Is it the driver's responsibility? (And if so, what about getting his uniform dirty?). Should the vehicle be washed after a job if it got dirty? Or only worry about cleaning before a run?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt Harrison
AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

September 29th, 2002, 11:48 PM
I have worked out a flat annual fee that covers unlimited car washes for my small fleet. It allows the drivers to take care of getting the car cleaned without coupons or needing to get reimbursed. I've been doing it this way for about 5 years and it works well.