PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Jump in with Both Feet!

January 5th, 2003, 01:09 PM
I think I'm ready to jump into the business with both feet! I've done a lot of research and want to buy the books to help get started. I'd like to buy one car and work from the house. This will be a part-time venture for me on nights and weekends. I believe I know a couple of people that can assist in start-up financing. I want to do it right and be authorized in my area to operate. I strongly believe there is room out there in my area for a little guy like (local population of 1,000,000). I've been in sales for 26 years and feel like I can market the product. I'm asking all of you veterans out there for direction on what a guy should do first and what type of vehicle a guy should start out with. Jump in with some construction feedback.

January 5th, 2003, 01:42 PM
8 pack, about 100" stretch is the most versatile of strethces, just keep it white or black, preferably white if you want special occasion business, or black if you're aiming for corporate.

don't go too old just to save money, a high mileage car will cost you more in the long run, especially in bad press with breakdowns during jobs. aim for at least a 1998 lincoln, stay away from caddy's they are about a 50-50 good-to-dog ratio, sometimes they run quite adequately, but the dogs of the bunch are real pooches.

other than investigating every thing you need to operate legally in your area, government-wise, you sound like you have it all down.

January 6th, 2003, 12:46 AM
David, I appreciate your sound advice to my post. The 100" to 120" was the direction that I was leaning, but the 100" does sound like the most versatile. I think white probably makes more sense if you're only going to have one car. Thanks for the information on car make...I've been driving a Lincoln and it really drove nice.

Interesting enough, my daughter is getting married in July. She went a huge bridal fair on Sunday and there wasn't one limosuine representative there. This would seem to me a natural place to market your product. Maybe everyone around here has enough business this time of year, you think? http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif