PDA

View Full Version : Same question... over and over

August 29th, 2000, 10:40 AM
I discovered this web site almost one year ago. Yesterday I posted something for the first time.

My interest in this business started in September 1999 when my uncle, an undertaker, sold his funeral home and said he might try to buy one or more limousine(s) but would only want to have his nephews as drivers initially. In less than 60 days I had subscribed to LCT and Limousine Digest and I attended the Limo Show in Atlantic City. I also was diligently surfing the web for all the information I could find. Currently I am waiting to be notified by the D.C. Public Service Commission that my license can be picked up so I can be an authorized driver. My next step is hopefully to become a part time driver to better learn the business before trying to secure a limo of my own. I have so much to learn.

Please, please, please do not be offended by my opinion. It seems like some of us get an idea to start a limo business then with no further research or preparation come to a forum such as this and quite vaguely ask the same old question: "How Do I Start A Limo Business" worded a trillion different ways. It's not my place to question your sincerity but I believe you'll serve yourself better if you put a little more into it on the front end so that when you do ask you can be more specific.

Example:
Did you know that you may be required to have a separate business insurance policy if you run your business at home? I sure didn't until I read an article in Limousine Digest a few months back. It had never crossed my mind before then but it would be a setback to find this out when a client comes to sign the contract and slips on some wet leaves at your house causing injury.

Now instead of getting online and asking "How much does insurance cost?" you might ask "Is some sort of business insurance required for my home by local or state law in addition to my regular homeowner policy? If so, what is the minimum coverage requirement and what will it cost on average? Should I consider getting more than the minimum?"

I know this won't stop everyone from asking that same "startup" question but I hope it will make somebody cognizant of doing their own homework before seeking an easy, all inclusive answer.

Again, this is only an opinion. :-)

August 29th, 2000, 11:39 AM
VERY WELL PUT ACROSS!
I THINK YOU WILL DO VERY WELL WITH AN ATTITUDE LIKE THAT,I WISH YOU ALL THE SUCCESS
IN THE WORLD.

August 29th, 2000, 12:21 PM
I 2nd that -- we need more people like you in the limo business!

August 31st, 2000, 12:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vtlipscomb:
I discovered this web site almost one year ago. Yesterday I posted something for the first time.

My interest in this business started in September 1999 when my uncle, an undertaker, sold his funeral home and said he might try to buy one or more limousine(s) but would only want to have his nephews as drivers initially. In less than 60 days I had subscribed to LCT and Limousine Digest and I attended the Limo Show in Atlantic City. I also was diligently surfing the web for all the information I could find. Currently I am waiting to be notified by the D.C. Public Service Commission that my license can be picked up so I can be an authorized driver. My next step is hopefully to become a part time driver to better learn the business before trying to secure a limo of my own. I have so much to learn.

Please, please, please do not be offended by my opinion. It seems like some of us get an idea to start a limo business then with no further research or preparation come to a forum such as this and quite vaguely ask the same old question: "How Do I Start A Limo Business" worded a trillion different ways. It's not my place to question your sincerity but I believe you'll serve yourself better if you put a little more into it on the front end so that when you do ask you can be more specific.

Example:
Did you know that you may be required to have a separate business insurance policy if you run your business at home? I sure didn't until I read an article in Limousine Digest a few months back. It had never crossed my mind before then but it would be a setback to find this out when a client comes to sign the contract and slips on some wet leaves at your house causing injury.

Now instead of getting online and asking "How much does insurance cost?" you might ask "Is some sort of business insurance required for my home by local or state law in addition to my regular homeowner policy? If so, what is the minimum coverage requirement and what will it cost on average? Should I consider getting more than the minimum?"

I know this won't stop everyone from asking that same "startup" question but I hope it will make somebody cognizant of doing their own homework before seeking an easy, all inclusive answer.

Again, this is only an opinion. :-)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to get off to a good start in this business I suggest you contact Tom Mazza and purchase his books. His # is 215-914-1448.