PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Quote

November 20th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Sanity check - how does a quote in the low to mid 4000's per vehicle sound for a new start up company (sedan's & limos). $500K liability, $1000 deductible.

November 20th, 2002, 11:06 AM
considering some companies aren't insuring start-ups at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
Sanity check - how does a quote in the low to mid 4000's per vehicle sound for a new start up company (sedan's & limos). $500K liability, $1000 deductible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

November 20th, 2002, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
Sanity check - how does a quote in the low to mid 4000's per vehicle sound for a new start up company (sedan's & limos). $500K liability, $1000 deductible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tex thats about the going rate for Texas. Especially good if your a new company.

Wade Randolph

November 20th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Good Quote-especially for a start-up. In hard times, the insurance companies charge us for the stock market being down, etc. Pawnbrokers treat you better. But if you are a career limousine operator, you are just happy to get insurance period. In Louisiana, the last three insurance commissioners are in Federal Prisons. Thousands of useless civilians sue over any accident. In Louisiana it is called "getting your settlement". So making money by lying is a way of life in the Deep South. Stimulas begets response and the insurance companies raise their rates. They should execute all the crooked lawyers that back their scams, ,and the lying civilians should be sent into space or deported to countries that specialize in a totally moron population Frankly, I have no use for civilians and the stupid, inprecise, cheating ways they lead their lives. But then I am a throwback to the Warrior's Creed of Impeccabilty and Responsibility. It is a clean spiritual way and the numbers always add up.

Dean Schuler

November 20th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Raise your deductible..

Dean Schuler

November 20th, 2002, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dean Schuler:
Good Quote-especially for a start-up. In hard times, the insurance companies charge us for the stock market being down, etc. Pawnbrokers treat you better. But if you are a career limousine operator, you are just happy to get insurance period. In Louisiana, the last three insurance commissioners are in Federal Prisons. Thousands of useless civilians sue over any accident. In Louisiana it is called "getting your settlement". So making money by lying is a way of life in the Deep South. Stimulas begets response and the insurance companies raise their rates. They should execute all the crooked lawyers that back their scams, ,and the lying civilians should be sent into space or deported to countries that specialize in a totally moron population Frankly, I have no use for civilians and the stupid, inprecise, cheating ways they lead their lives. But then I am a throwback to the Warrior's Creed of Impeccabilty and Responsibility. It is a clean spiritual way and the numbers always add up.

Dean Schuler<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dean I've got good news for you. As bad as Louisiana is...Texas is worse. It's known as the debtor's "paradise". And...their juries give out much higher personal injury awards than Louisiana. Houston and Dallas are a Mecca for personal injury lawyers.

Wade Randolph

November 20th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Wade, I have heard that. I get tired of attending the limo shows and getting smirked at when I pass by the insurance booths and ask if they write in Louisiana. The something for nothing crowd loves the term " settlement." Personal responsibility: It's not on the menu!!

Dean Schuler

November 21st, 2002, 11:35 AM
insurance app approved Wednesday and financing approved today....now I just need to find some vehicles http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Should be up and running in 2 weeks.

November 22nd, 2002, 02:10 PM
Way to go !! Make sure all your drivers get defensive driver training through the National Safety Council or a similiar source. This is the singular key to your survival and success.

Dean Schuler

December 25th, 2002, 10:58 AM
I'm just starting in the limo business, but I've been operating a taxi business in Tx for two years.In those two years my insurance rates have risen from $2,700.00 per vehicle the first yeat to $4,100.00 this last year. This years quote comes in at $12,000.00 a vehicle.I live in a small town(around 20k population) and run from 8 - 15 runs a day at $6 to $10 a run. Rates set by city councl. In looking for cheeper rates I found out a limo would run about #1,300.00 a year.This town I'm in has no regulations covering limo's. I'm going into the limo service.G W pickle :

GARY W. WILLIAMS

December 25th, 2002, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G W PICKLE:
I'm just starting in the limo business, but I've been operating a taxi business in Tx for two years.In those two years my insurance rates have risen from $2,700.00 per vehicle the first yeat to $4,100.00 this last year. This years quote comes in at $12,000.00 a vehicle.I live in a small town(around 20k population) and run from 8 - 15 runs a day at $6 to $10 a run. Rates set by city councl. In looking for cheeper rates I found out a limo would run about #1,300.00 a year.This town I'm in has no regulations covering limo's. I'm going into the limo service.G W pickle :

Hard to believe, very hard to believe.

GARY W. WILLIAMS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

December 26th, 2002, 09:03 AM
...here in BC, we MUST get our insurance from the Insurance Corporation of BC, a "crown" company (means government run)

here's the neat part though...

1994 Chrysler 10 pack, CLASS 965 - limousine use only.
3rd Party legal limit $5,000,000CAN
Deductible $300CAN

Annual regular premium: $1,235CAN

what I pay for insurance, each year, each car, for being an awesome operator: $1,068 CAN

...and they even let you pay that in monthly installments http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

December 26th, 2002, 09:06 AM
I'm movin'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LA Limousines (David):
...here in BC, we MUST get our insurance from the Insurance Corporation of BC, a "crown" company (means government run)

here's the neat part though...

1994 Chrysler 10 pack, CLASS 965 - limousine use only.
3rd Party legal limit $5,000,000CAN
Deductible $300CAN

_Annual_ regular premium: $1,235CAN

what I pay for insurance, each year, each car, for being an awesome operator: $1,068 CAN

...and they even let you pay that in monthly installments http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt Harrison
AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

January 12th, 2003, 04:50 AM
WELL I FINALLY FOUND 'AFFORDABLE" INSURANCE FOR A '98 5 PASS CHYRS CONCORDE LXI I'M PAYING $3,211 A YEAR. THAT SURE BEATS $12K FOR A '94 FORD TARAUS TAXI.SO I WENT FROM "THE TAXI" TO " THE TAXI, LIMO DIV." THE INSURANCE DIDN'T CARE TO MUCH FOR THE NEW NAME THE AGENT WENT TO GREAT LENGTHS TO MAKE SURE I WAS REALLY GOING TO BE A LIMO SERVICE4 INSTEAD OF A TAXI. I'M STILL OF THE OPINION THAT SHEAKSPEARE SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED INSURANCE COMPANIES. THE 1st COMPANY THAT QUOTED $1,300 A YR. DECIEDED THEY DIDN'T WANT NEW START-UP LIMO COMPANIES.

GARY W. WILLIAMS