PDA

View Full Version : City Insurance Requirements - normal or not?

December 23rd, 2002, 10:14 AM
Our city (in Texas) ordinace seems to require than a insurance certificate be provided that covers ALL OWNED AUTOS. Just wondering if this is something others have faced in large cities. So far the insurance companies I am talking to seem reluctant to offer this all-encompasing coverage. FYI - the distinction is that you may have autos you own but not on your policy (and that the insurance company may not be aware of) and the city wants to ensure they are covered if an owner were to be operating in this fashion. Seems a bit unfair to require coverage as if everyone was operating illegally. Texas is a mandatory insurance state!

December 23rd, 2002, 03:18 PM
Hired and non-owned. Call David Thompson at RRL at 1-800-333-7754. Wade Randolph is another SUPREME source at 1-225-928-5466

Dean Schuler

December 24th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Let me get what you're saying, you have to have a fleet policy that might even include your own personal car? I don't know anything about it, but that sounds like something your IRS wouldn't accept as proper. How would you divide up the amount of the insurance bill into work/not work vehicles?

December 24th, 2002, 05:03 PM
To explain it another way, my insurance company will schedule coverage for the commerical vehicles I own, lease or rent - no problem. What the City wants is for the insurance company to extend coverage to any vehicle the company owns, whether or not it is scheduled andlisted on my policy. ie in case I bought an old limo and decided not to tell the insurance company about it. The funny thing is that in texas you must have proof of insurance to get anything - plates, inspection, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LA Limousines (David):
Let me get what you're saying, you have to have a fleet policy that might even include your own personal car? I don't know anything about it, but that sounds like something your IRS wouldn't accept as proper. How would you divide up the amount of the insurance bill into work/not work vehicles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

December 24th, 2002, 11:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
To explain it another way, my insurance company will schedule coverage for the commerical vehicles I own, lease or rent - no problem. What the City wants is for the insurance company to extend coverage to any vehicle the company owns, whether or not it is scheduled andlisted on my policy. ie in case I bought an old limo and decided not to tell the insurance company about it. The funny thing is that in texas you must have proof of insurance to get anything - plates, inspection, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LA Limousines (David):
Let me get what you're saying, you have to have a fleet policy that might even include your own personal car? I don't know anything about it, but that sounds like something your IRS wouldn't accept as proper. How would you divide up the amount of the insurance bill into work/not work vehicles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as in know you can get ANY AUTO InSURANCE from all the livery insurance companies TIB, Lancer Brown and Brown, Hartford, etc. As long as you are incorporated. This is good coverage for the small operator who may rent vehicles on ocassion. For instance 14 pax van or an suv.

December 26th, 2002, 03:50 AM
My broker is TIB. My insurance co. is Lancer. They both claim they don't insure anyone for All Owned Autos. Don't get confused. They will cover all Scheduled and Hired vehicles. There is a difference between this and coverage for All Owned Autos.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg@GNS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:

Let me get what you're saying, you have to have a fleet policy that might even include your own personal car? I don't know anything about it, but that sounds like something your IRS wouldn't accept as proper. How would you divide up the amount of the insurance bill into work/not work vehicles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as in know you can get ANY AUTO InSURANCE from all the livery insurance companies TIB, Lancer Brown and Brown, Hartford, etc. As long as you are incorporated. This is good coverage for the small operator who may rent vehicles on ocassion. For instance 14 pax van or an suv.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

December 26th, 2002, 05:39 AM
My broker is TIB. My insurance co. is Lancer. They both claim they don't insure anyone for All Owned Autos. Don't get confused. They will cover all Scheduled and Hired vehicles. There is a difference between this and coverage for All Owned Autos.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg@GNS:

As far as in know you can get ANY AUTO InSURANCE from all the livery insurance companies TIB, Lancer Brown and Brown, Hartford, etc. As long as you are incorporated. This is good coverage for the small operator who may rent vehicles on ocassion. For instance 14 pax van or an suv.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, the point i was trying to make is what your regulator may have meant way any auto.