PDA

View Full Version : We have a limo company running but would love some help

January 16th, 2001, 01:47 AM
Hi Wonder if you can help. We have a limo company running in the south of England UK (Brighton). We have some jobs at weekends and some airport work but not amazing amounts.

you guys all seem really clued up on this we are JUST getting by and really looking to pick up more work as I guess everyone is but if anyone has suggestions on corporate approaches, best advertising (we have yellow pages coming out in 1 month, we are in that).

any ideas/ recommendation on books will all be greatly received.

Thanks
Mike http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

January 16th, 2001, 02:11 PM
Contact Tommazza@aol.com... he knows lots about this sort of thing and even sells books on it.. best of luck to you... Keith

January 16th, 2001, 02:15 PM
You may like to look into producing a brochure with pictures of your cars, and your rates, and then start knocking on doors. Also try to sub-contract from another company. From Brighton you have a large number of big corporations along the south coast going towards Portsmouth, send or deliver your brochures to them to try to get a foot in the door.
Good luck
Dick Hall

Dick

June 1st, 2001, 07:47 PM
I think it's great that your in the yellow pages.

But here are my questions.

1 How much did it cost you
2 What is the circulation
3 Who uses the yellow pages

Here are my thoughts

1 It cost to much
2 Your circulation is local
3 Only those without access to the internet

Here are my recomendations

1 Spend your money on the net, get a well designed site and back it up with all the revelent key words.
2 You now have a world wide circulation
3 This is where corporate clients seek information

June 21st, 2001, 03:44 PM
Best of luck to you... real simple. Spend as little as possible on direct advertising... use the net, even though it is young!

Get an internet KEYWORD and market it.

Answer your phones 24hrs a day, and do not think that it is crazy t9o do so... answer the damn thing in your sleep if you have to... people who can get last minute service love the feeling of being taken care of and they usually travel a lot... they will call you first every time if they can get you from the plane in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!!!

$$$ Go after the big money CEO's, Presidents, VP's, and the overly rich and famous. Give the rich and famous a deal because most things are handed to them and they usually do not understand anything but a deal!!! $$$

Have a lot of fun!

Try ON TIME OR IT's FREE Guarantee.

Email me after you read this... I may place a link to your sight if you can do some of these things!

-Lonnie

P.S. - Best of luck to you!

-Lonnie

June 21st, 2001, 09:24 PM
> if anyone has suggestions on corporate approaches

In my opinion if you want corporate work you must target the people who make the reservations and flight arrangements. This is 99% of the time not the VP's or Salespeople but the travel offices and the executive assistants. I was surprised to learn that in Los Angeles there is a group called something like the professional secrataries Association, or something similar and basically it is a group made up of the assistants of CEO's and the like. What we participated in one year was sort of like a mini trade show for them in a ball room of a local hotel were companies big and small hawked thier wares.

Some examples: All the major office supply companies were there with extravagant booths. Companies that did professional shopping, companies that made like trinkits with the company name on things, golf resorts trying to get them to have thier annual meeting at thier place. Hotel chains offering corporate programs. Just the entire gammet of products.

And then thier was us 1 lonely limousine company in that large sea. And wouldn't you no it we got alot of attention, not good attention, but gripes about every other company that had left these assitants high and dry. Our Sales pitch quickly turned from look how nice our cars are and how professional our chauffers are to this is how we do things so we will not leave your boss stranded at the airport. These people did not want to see pictures of our cars in front of a dentists house, they wanted to see how we track pick ups, flights, what our bills looked like and what would happen when they called our office at 2:00am. Consider thier point of view; if thier boss gets stranded somwhere the boss calls them at home and yells at them, even when they have the number to the limo company right in front of them. One call like that in the middle of the night and you do not get a second chance.

So if you want corporate work in a serious way the first thing you need to do is comit to it by targeting your service to that clientele (24 hour phone support, professional billing, systems in place to all but guarantee that a car will be there). Find out if there are similar trade associations in your city for professional assitants or travel planners, or travel agents. Then market based on reliability and dependability, not glamour or style. Call the big companies in your area and simply ask them "who is responsoble for booking travel in your campany is there a department or is each assistant responsible for booking thier own" get some names and put together a sales letter for them, chances are they will not be happy with thier current service and will be looking for someone who can do it better. We offered a free transfer to the airport with a paid return as an incentive to try us one time and see how our system worked. Some were impressed other not but when they got into trouble with another company ours was the first numer they dialed.

Now you see I did not talk that much about vehicles in this message.
I see alot of discussion here about whitch is a better car Lincoln, Cad, MBZ. The nice thing about corporate work is that the majority of clients will not care if they are picked up in a crown vic or buick or a bently they want to see a warm body at that airport gate ready to take thier laptop, they have been traveling for hours and as long as you give them a clean comfortable place to sit they would ride in a rickshaw if it would get them home to thier bed 10 minutes sooner. Some ego execs will say they will only ride in a certain type of car but thoes are the high maintinance ones and you do not want them any way, they can be a real grind.

Also one other thing helps to: those executive assistants also go on a vacation every year and usualy need a ride to the airport, funny thing the bills for thier transfers always seemed to get lost in the mail ;-)

Good luck!

What other approaches have worked?

[This message was edited by Steve W. on June 22, 2001 at 05:33 AM.]

August 11th, 2001, 06:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike:
Hi Wonder if you can help. We have a limo company running in the south of England UK (Brighton). We have some jobs at weekends and some airport work but not amazing amounts.

you guys all seem really clued up on this we are JUST getting by and really looking to pick up more work as I guess everyone is but if anyone has suggestions on corporate approaches, best advertising (we have yellow pages coming out in 1 month, we are in that).

any ideas/ recommendation on books will all be greatly received.

Thanks
Mike http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Mike I will tell you that you really need to focus on the airport transport aspect to keep revenue coming in on a daily basis, if you have a couple of limousines already, you might want to sell one and buy to towncars or whatever vehicle is the first choice in the U.K. Call companies and set up accounts with them, I started my company with just one towncar and farmed out limousine work to someone I could trust. with a small percentage, say like 10-15% off the top for processing and advertising purposes. I would encourage anyone, who wants to start a Limousine Company, to start with airport service and then expand on that, I currently have no capitol loans and operate on guaranteed income from my corporate accounts. Sell Sell Sell, and good luck. Also remember your company is only as good as your drivers, so choose wisely!

August 11th, 2001, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve W.:
> if anyone has suggestions on corporate approaches

In my opinion if you want corporate work you must target the people who make the reservations and flight arrangements. This is 99% of the time not the VP's or Salespeople but the travel offices and the executive assistants. I was surprised to learn that in Los Angeles there is a group called something like the professional secrataries Association, or something similar and basically it is a group made up of the assistants of CEO's and the like. What we participated in one year was sort of like a mini trade show for them in a ball room of a local hotel were companies big and small hawked thier wares.

Some examples: All the major office supply companies were there with extravagant booths. Companies that did professional shopping, companies that made like trinkits with the company name on things, golf resorts trying to get them to have thier annual meeting at thier place. Hotel chains offering corporate programs. Just the entire gammet of products.

And then thier was us 1 lonely limousine company in that large sea. And wouldn't you no it we got alot of attention, not good attention, but gripes about every other company that had left these assitants high and dry. Our Sales pitch quickly turned from look how nice our cars are and how professional our chauffers are to this is how we do things so we will not leave your boss stranded at the airport. These people did not want to see pictures of our cars in front of a dentists house, they wanted to see how we track pick ups, flights, what our bills looked like and what would happen when they called our office at 2:00am. Consider thier point of view; if thier boss gets stranded somwhere the boss calls them at home and yells at them, even when they have the number to the limo company right in front of them. One call like that in the middle of the night and you do not get a second chance.

So if you want corporate work in a serious way the first thing you need to do is comit to it by targeting your service to that clientele (24 hour phone support, professional billing, systems in place to all but guarantee that a car will be there). Find out if there are similar trade associations in your city for professional assitants or travel planners, or travel agents. Then market based on reliability and dependability, not glamour or style. Call the big companies in your area and simply ask them "who is responsoble for booking travel in your campany is there a department or is each assistant responsible for booking thier own" get some names and put together a sales letter for them, chances are they will not be happy with thier current service and will be looking for someone who can do it better. We offered a free transfer to the airport with a paid return as an incentive to try us one time and see how our system worked. Some were impressed other not but when they got into trouble with another company ours was the first numer they dialed.

Now you see I did not talk that much about vehicles in this message.
I see alot of discussion here about whitch is a better car Lincoln, Cad, MBZ. The nice thing about corporate work is that the majority of clients will not care if they are picked up in a crown vic or buick or a bently they want to see a warm body at that airport gate ready to take thier laptop, they have been traveling for hours and as long as you give them a clean comfortable place to sit they would ride in a rickshaw if it would get them home to thier bed 10 minutes sooner. Some ego execs will say they will only ride in a certain type of car but thoes are the high maintinance ones and you do not want them any way, they can be a real grind.

Also one other thing helps to: those executive assistants also go on a vacation every year and usualy need a ride to the airport, funny thing the bills for thier transfers always seemed to get lost in the mail ;-)

Good luck!

What other approaches have worked?

[This message was edited by Steve W. on June 22, 2001 at 05:33 AM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif You have also found the gold in this business, you will never go out of business!! I'll see you in 2060.

August 11th, 2001, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lonnie:
Best of luck to you... real simple. Spend as little as possible on direct advertising... use the net, even though it is young!

Get an internet KEYWORD and market it.

Answer your phones 24hrs a day, and do not think that it is crazy t9o do so... answer the damn thing in your sleep if you have to... people who can get last minute service love the feeling of being taken care of and they usually travel a lot... they will call you first every time if they can get you from the plane in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean!!!

$$$ Go after the big money CEO's, Presidents, VP's, and the overly rich and famous. Give the rich and famous a deal because most things are handed to them and they usually do not understand anything but a deal!!! $$$

Have a lot of fun!

Try ON TIME OR IT's FREE Guarantee.

Email me after you read this... I may place a link to your sight if you can do some of these things!

-Lonnie

P.S. - Best of luck to you!

-Lonnie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Lonnie great suggestions, but I am already there, in fact I not only guarantee on time service, but, there is not gratuity, its all in the price, no hassle no paperwork just a clean comfortable ride!

August 11th, 2001, 06:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jack Gardner:
I think it's great that your in the yellow pages.

But here are my questions.

1 How much did it cost you
2 What is the circulation
3 Who uses the yellow pages

Here are my thoughts

1 It cost to much
2 Your circulation is local
3 Only those without access to the internet

Here are my recomendations

1 Spend your money on the net, get a well designed site and back it up with all the revelent key words.
2 You now have a world wide circulation
3 This is where corporate clients seek information<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Jack, I have to disagree with you on this one, yellow pages are the best form of advertising, its costly but effective. I do business out of Kansas City, Missouri and people want to work with companies from there own city, my website represents the city and culture that it serves and people coming to town are going to want information on things to do weather and any information that you can spare.