PDA

View Full Version : Starting a limo/sightseeing business in Europe - search finance

April 21st, 2002, 11:48 PM
We are located in one of the most attrative cities in Europe with a busy market for sightseeing, transfers (city, local and nearby airports/resorts), conference and meeting venues, weddings and cultural events throughout the year. In fact, we have the second largest market for incoming guests, culture and conference venues in the country!

Our intention is to startup a limo business and to integrate a small existing sightseeing operation which is on the market right now. This company has a very good brand name recognition and has successfully been on the market for 27 years, current owner wishes to retire. As for limos, we currently could acquire a very well maintained 97' Krystal 120, ready to go - means located and certified for our market, all dues and duties paid and licensed.

Well, all that takes lots of money and therefore we are looking for investors, business angels or venture capital: we have talked to several European sources, but all of them are either too slow, not flexible enough, don't understand the business - or just don't act at all.

Just to indicate how much money we are talking: the total investment for limo purchasing, company takeover and registering a new corporation will be in the USD 180 - 200.000 range; starting (1st year) turnover is expected at around USD 150 k. A basic business plan is available (right now in German only, but translation will take only a few days) and will be sent out upon request.

The reason for my posting is that we think, that the US offer more innovative ways of financing such a project and hence we would like to invite everyone interested to send a short message to limos@europe.com.

We look forward to your responses and will reply instantly.

Many thanks for your interest,
Rupert

April 26th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Rupert,

There is a company called TopAlliance in Germany who specializes in all major European cities. Maybe they are interested in expanding, if they are not already in those areas.

I am sorry I don't have their contact information but they were at the LCT Limo Show in March.

Good luck
Michael

http://www.limousinesonline.com/proudmember.gif

April 27th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Thanks Michael, I will try and let you know!

Have a nice Sunday,
Rupert

April 28th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Well Michael,

I tried and found out, that they are active here and their partner is the local Carey affiliate.

We will see what they could do, as in our opinion, nobody knows about Carey here or is aware of the fact that they are active in the market...

Take care
Rupert

September 4th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Just wanted to let you all know, that we began operation on Jul 26 - booking is great and the inputs we got from the board came in just handy!

We also tried to contact Krystal (the manufacturer of our 97 Towncar) but they seem to be very busy selling new cars... They didn't even respond to your messages http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif. Any experience with these guys? We did not receive manuals and/or handbooks with the vehicle and are somewhat stuck with simple things here in Europe. Any help is welcome and very much appreciated!

Best regards from Salzburg, Austria
Rupert

P.S. Maybe Krystal management reads the forum sometimes? http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif