PDA

View Full Version : New in Texas

January 6th, 2003, 02:09 AM
I am in the planning stages of starting my Livery service. I am planning on starting out small aiming at special occasions and then later on the corporate arena. I would like direction on where to research the legalities of operating in Texas. Such as is there a minimum charge? I will be operating Sedans only so is a CDL required? How about liquor licenses? I have not contacted my chamber of commerce but it is on the list. What organizations should I contact for information. Thanks in advance for your help!

January 6th, 2003, 04:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coachman:
I am in the planning stages of starting my Livery service. I am planning on starting out small aiming at special occasions and then later on the corporate arena. I would like direction on where to research the legalities of operating in Texas. Such as is there a minimum charge? I will be operating Sedans only so is a CDL required? How about liquor licenses? I have not contacted my chamber of commerce but it is on the list. What organizations should I contact for information. Thanks in advance for your help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your plan is for special occasion i suggest a limo not a sedan.

January 6th, 2003, 05:25 AM
The vehicle I am looking to start out with is a White Rolls Royce Silver Cloud II. I apologize for not clarifying.

January 6th, 2003, 07:24 AM
Coachman:

Other than insurance there are no general state regulations unless you are planning to operate vehicles greater than 10 passenger or cross state lines (in which case CDL's and/or DOT come into play).
For local regulations, minimum charges, etc contact your city's Taxi/Limo permitting office. Get a copy of any local ordinances and applications for an operating license.
I can't answer the liquor question - maybe someone else can, but as chance would have it I do have an inquiry into TABC on this.
Also, after you talk to the City, start looking into insurance before you do anything else. That will be the long pole in the tent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coachman:
I am in the planning stages of starting my Livery service. I am planning on starting out small aiming at special occasions and then later on the corporate arena. I would like direction on where to research the legalities of operating in Texas. Such as is there a minimum charge? I will be operating Sedans only so is a CDL required? How about liquor licenses? I have not contacted my chamber of commerce but it is on the list. What organizations should I contact for information. Thanks in advance for your help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

January 6th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I plan on getting all of my admin stuff 100% done and legal prior to hanging up the 'open' sign. Nothing to big to start out with but plan on hitting a stable of 6 vehicles max. I plan to stay a small dog. http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks for the direction.

January 7th, 2003, 02:02 PM
There is a guy out of Houston that I use to insure the Classics. The premium is dependent on the value of the car. It ranges between 2500-4000 for my classics.

Give me a call if you are looking at a Roll-Royce, and be careful before you buy http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sam
antiquelimos@hotmail.com

January 7th, 2003, 03:15 PM
TABC confirmed for me today what I thought was true. The only allowable circumstance in Texas is if the customer beings his own liquor. Anything else (including alcohol gifts from the company) is against the law.

I plan on getting all of my admin stuff 100% done and legal prior to hanging up the 'open' sign. Nothing to big to start out with but plan on hitting a stable of 6 vehicles max. I plan to stay a small dog. http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks for the direction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

January 7th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Sam:

Are you looking to sell a Rolls, or just give advice on purchasing one?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ANTIQUE:
There is a guy out of Houston that I use to insure the Classics. The premium is dependent on the value of the car. It ranges between 2500-4000 for my classics.

Give me a call if you are looking at a Roll-Royce, and be careful before you buy http://limos.infopop.cc/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Sam
antiquelimos@hotmail.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

January 8th, 2003, 07:31 AM
I am willing to give advice on a Rolls Royce based on my experience, and I am considering selling an Excalibur Replica and a 1956 Cadillac.

January 8th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Both the cars are on my website www.antique-limos.com (http://www.antique-limos.com).
They will also be online at limos.com and ebay.

Thanks
Sam

January 8th, 2003, 02:04 PM
I had a call from a 50 year veteran today-shop early and shop often and use every source and connection you have to keep the damage down on renewal. This is serious, folks !!

Dean Schuler

January 8th, 2003, 02:36 PM
I have got to tell you thats a good looking Phantom V, I used to own PV #183 years ago so it bought tears to my eyes.
Good Luck
Dick Hall