PDA

View Full Version : Limo Storage

September 29th, 2002, 01:45 AM
Can anyone share cost effective ideas for limo storage in a new business? I plan to start with 2-3 different vehicles. What is the industry norm for small operators? Should I be looking for a small warehouse to rent in a central location ($$$$)? How about a small fenced in gravel parking lot ($). Keeping them at the home is not an option for obvious reasons. I will not be driving the vehicles myself so I will need them to be easily and readily accessable by my drivers. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

September 29th, 2002, 07:50 AM
lot in the early days. Our office was located in my father's house and there was a town restriction that only allowed 1 commercial vehicle per household.

More than a little dusty, the lot was located on a state highway and backed by an active hay field. We were abel to keep our one stretch in a storage garage (barn) on the property. Including the garage, the rent was around $300/mo. We moved out of that space in 1997 with a total of 17 vehicles.

The most challanging part was keeping the cars clean. As I stated in another response to you, the drivers were required to wash the car once a shift. Coupled with this response, I'll add that the washing was done at their earliest convenience after the car-wash opened at 8am.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
Can anyone share cost effective ideas for limo storage in a new business? I plan to start with 2-3 different vehicles. What is the industry norm for small operators? Should I be looking for a small warehouse to rent in a central location ($$$$)? How about a small fenced in gravel parking lot ($). Keeping them at the home is not an option for obvious reasons. I will not be driving the vehicles myself so I will need them to be easily and readily accessable by my drivers. Thanks for sharing your ideas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt Harrison
AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine, Clinton NJ

September 29th, 2002, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TxLimoGuy:
Can anyone share cost effective ideas for limo storage in a new business? I plan to start with 2-3 different vehicles. What is the industry norm for small operators? Should I be looking for a small warehouse to rent in a central location ($$$$)? How about a small fenced in gravel parking lot ($). Keeping them at the home is not an option for obvious reasons. I will not be driving the vehicles myself so I will need them to be easily and readily accessable by my drivers. Thanks for sharing your ideas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tx I have an idea for you. Visit some of your local hotes and propose to them this: Give them some free service in exchange for parking your limos in front of their hotel and maybe giving you an office inside. It's a win-win situation. You get a free office with great visibility and they get some free service and it makes their hotel look top notch. You might consider giving them 10 free airport rides per month or maybe 10 free hours of limousine service. Just an idea to help get you going.

Wade Randolph

September 29th, 2002, 11:43 PM
I keep my cars at a mini-storage location close to my home. The place as a number of outdoor parking spaces for large vehicles such as RVs, Boats, and LIMOS. In addition to not keeping the cars at my house, the mini-storage area is secured with a fence. Business are allowed 24X7 access and you need a code to get in. So, this is both a secured and cost effective option.

Good Luck.

September 30th, 2002, 04:04 AM
i think i'm very lucky as i pay £5 a week(about $8) to park my limo under cover in a farm type building that is locked and has 24/7 access and lighting.

www.1stlincslimo.co.uk (http://www.1stlincslimo.co.uk)