PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to startup?

August 29th, 2001, 05:38 PM
How long did it take from the time you got the idea to start a limo biz until the time you were legally operating on the road? Did you do pick-up's before the DOT inspections, state permits, & city hearings?

August 31st, 2001, 03:56 PM
As I said in a post I did to another question, I already have my DOT numbers from our trucking company. I have a class B CDL with passenger endorsement as I drive buses also. As far as city hearnings, I am trying to find out what our city requires, seems they are not sure since I will be running mainly out of town. I also have my LLC set up and will get all my state permits through that as soon as I can find out what my state requires.

I have driven Limos in Los Angeles for my uncle, and after driving there I am sure I can drive most places.

I have read a lot of the answers here, as well as the questions, and I have seen where a lot of people seem to not really answer but take off on another route. I am still trying to find out what I need to go to DFW and Will Rogers airports if anything.

I plan on buying a nice used stretch as it will be used for everything until I can get the business to justify a sedan also. Even then I want one that is stretched at least a foot to make sure I have the room to make my customers happy as it is 100 miles to either airport.

I have decide to buy the books mentioned and read them very carefully as I go through this transition. I wish everyone the best and I am planning to go to the Limo show in NJ if I can get away from here.