PDA

View Full Version : Frequent driver/charter program? Anyone doing this?

November 27th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Does anyone out there offer a "frequent" driver/charter program for their clients? If so, how is it formatted and implemented?

Thanks!

November 28th, 2001, 11:45 AM
for 10 years. There is, in my opinion, no better way to promote customer loyalty.

On the back of our business card we printed a grid of 11 boxes. Each time the client has a trip the driver writes their initials and the date of the trip in one of the boxes. When the client has filled ten spaces they may present the card as a voucher for the fare and any early/late fees. The client must give a cash gratuity. We now use our Limoware system to track the program.

It's a good idea to let the client know that the free trip must be of the same value of the trips that earned the free one. There are those out there that will think they are entitled to a free 12 hour stretch ride against 10 $50 airport rides. We have always allowed clients to use a free ride card towards the high dollar rides, sometimes 2 or 3 at a time.

By design this program sould result in a 10% return to the customer, so your prices should be designed to absorb the cost. Our history shows that we give about 4% away each year in free rides.

Hope this is helpful, Good luck!

Matt Harrison
AAA Guaranteed On-Time Limousine
Clinton NJ
matth@aaagotlimo.com

November 28th, 2001, 01:03 PM
airline frequent flier miles rather than try to manage our own program. It has been very successful. There is too much variation in car rides to figure out how to equate them. We give 100 miles per hour of sedan time, or 100 miles per airport ride (regardless of time). Some of our regulars get thousands of miles each quarter (we award the miles quarterly).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dmc1007:
Does anyone out there offer a "frequent" driver/charter program for their clients? If so, how is it formatted and implemented?

Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

November 30th, 2001, 12:20 PM
Jim,

Who is your miles program thru, and what does it entail to setup such a program? I would think aligning yourself with a airline mileage program would be a good push for corporate people, as well as be a good distinctive advantage over your peers. I imagine getting the contract was difficult?

Michael

http://www.limos.com/media/limos-logo.gif

November 30th, 2001, 03:14 PM
Sicne Pittsburgh is a US Airways hub, we offer US Airways miles. They cost us $.02 per mile plus a service charge. US Airways issues certificates to us in denominations we request (500, 1000, 5000), and no less than 50,000 miles per issue (about $1,000). We send the certificates to the clients who send them back to US Airways and have the miles posted to their Dividend Miles accounts. United also runs such a program and it is better in that they have a web interface where the issuer can actually post miles directly to the customers account. Northwest does not have such a program, and I've had no reason to check other airlines. Dennis Adams at Celebrity Limousine in Philadelphia also runs such a program and I think he issues miles for several airlines, incouding US Airways, but I'm not sure which. In fact, his software program, Livery Coach, has the ability to track frequent flier miles, which is a big plus for companies that offer such a program. The program is very attractive to corporate types, and almost anyone can do it, but few companies do. Go to http://www.usairways.com/dividendmiles/programinfo/dividendincentives.htm for US Airways, and http://www.ualmiles.com/RewardMiles.jsp for United.

I should add one more thing. Our program has a twist. Our clients qualify for the Dividend Miles only if their reservation is made by e-mail or fax. The prupose of our program is not completely to reward customers, but to induce them to make their reservations other than by calling. The money we save in reduced personnel and accuracy of the reservation intake process more than pays for the mileage. About 80-85% of our reservations come in by e-mail as a result of this program. We find that when the whole thing shakes out (we do not offer the miles for anything other than sedan rides) nor for one time travelers (our program requires two rides in a calendar quarter) the cost of the program is very small and it rewards the people we want to reward, and our savings our tremendous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperion Corporation / Limos.com:
Jim,

Who is your miles program thru, and what does it entail to setup such a program? I would think aligning yourself with a airline mileage program would be a good push for corporate people, as well as be a good distinctive advantage over your peers. I imagine getting the contract was difficult?

Michael

http://www.limos.com/media/limos-logo.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

James H. Joseph
Pegasus Chauffeured Motor Cars
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
jhj@pegasus-pittsburgh.com

December 2nd, 2001, 06:01 AM
Thanks to everyone for all the great information..

David